Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thirsty

Dry Spell.

Ever feel like you’re wandering through a desert? Bare feet on scorching hardpan, no breeze at all - the sun beating down relentlessly? And not a cloud to be seen? When I feel like this, I get quiet.

And wait for rain.

I’m so thirsty. Everything around me looks like water. I drink in my friends, drown in work, swallow my children in huge, refreshing gulps. When I sing, my voice is muffled as if I were under water. My motions are slow; like I have to fight the very air to move. But somehow, it’s all an illusion…my lips remain dry. My eyeballs scrape in their sockets.

I’m still thirsty.


No worries. A more upbeat post after my big adventures tomorrow. Unless I'm in jail, in which case I will not be posting.

Nor will I be upbeat.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger deepoet26 said...

Treesey girl. I understand, I think. Glad you're back. Love...

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Still thirsty?!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the last time, we're not going to get arrested. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home