Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Do Not Read This Unless You Were In My French Class This Morning

I think I'm in love with a woman in my French class.
Today was my first, four-hour French class - a course I'm taking at work.
Four hours of bland, boring, mind-numbing blandy boringness.
But there's one Indian woman there who makes me giggle uncontrollably, and she made surviving the morning easier.

It was her turn to read some dialogue, and she had some trouble with the pronunciation of "heureuse". Remember, this is a small room with eight quiet, bored students who don't want to talk or even be noticed.

Mia*: What IS that word, anyway?
Reluctant Teacher: It means, "happy".
Mia: It doesn't make me happy (bursts out laughing).
Reluctant Teacher: You seem happy.
Mia: THAT'S BECAUSE I'M DRUNK!

Oh my GOD I laughed so hard.

Other gems:

When we were practicing conversation:

Reluctant Teacher: Does anyone have any questions for Mia?
Mia: No, no questions, s'il vous plait.

When we were demonstrating ways of confirming someone's identification:

Mia: Vous etes blah blah blah?

Okay maybe you had to be there.

*Not her real name. Not to protect her identity, but because I forget her real name. So maybe it's not love, per se. Maybe it's just admiration.

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Laura_Rob said...

Sounds funny enough for me... I wonder how soon I'll get the French... A tant tot ma belle!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger KangHadi said...

yap.. sound funny for me too.. embarrassing moment i guess...

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Amelyssa said...

That is sooo cute. Ah the good old times in french class, how I miss that.
Though yesterday we got to draw turkeys and pumpkins during our medical terminology section, fun stuff!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Tree! Good to see you back (on the blog) where you belong :>)

Keep hanging in and finding humour in everyday events (like this French class).

Hugs, E and J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home