Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Boring...

Holy crap.
Well, an update has been demanded, so Laura, this is for you.
Laura suggests that, since I feel unable to write about my life at home at the moment, I should write about work.
Hmmmm.
Work. Well, I have a job. And it's okay. I'm really lucky to have it. It provides considerable security and benefits. And if I didn't show up, nobody woud notice because things I do are ultimately unimportant...
BUT!!! Yes! There is a but. But I have friends at work, and THAT is wonderful. Because of that, I enjoy going to work. I look forward to it. Strange, huh? I go to work, and I talk to my friends, and I become involved in everyone else's lives and don't have to worry about my own. I offer advice (probably way too much of it) and I chat and I expound on the mysteries of the universe and debate whether poker is really gambling (incidentally, Mark, there are two syllables in that word, not three! And 5 - 6 - 5 does not a haiku make!) or not.
I say it is.
Ahem.
Oh! And while I'm at work, my children learn and speak French and eat sand and are happy little monkeys.
Except for one thing. Every day, I go to work and I have this feeling of expectation. Like something big or wonderful or meaningful is going to happen. I sit at my desk and do my work and wait. I pause often, staring at the window, and think about that nagging feeling of expectation, and wonder why it's there. Then, at the end of the day, a feeling of disappointment comes over me and I think, "that's it?"
I can't explain it. Maybe it's always there, but I don't have time to notice it at home. It's busy around here, what with all the noisy children and all.
Anyhoo.
In closing, I would like to say that I'm thankful for work.
And apologize for my lack of interesting things to say.

6 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what that feeling is - you forgot your wallet! Or... you're going to forget your wallet and it just hasn't happened yet. These things broadcast themselves.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger deepoet26 said...

"Every day, I have this feeling of expectation. Like something big or wonderful or meaningful is going to happen."

Ah, my darlin girl, sometimes you're every inch my child. Love you, my Treesey. I know that feeling so well. Step carefully, but try to walk with it. Life with this kind of anticipation can shine. But, do step carefully, sweetie. I miss you,
Dad

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger molly said...

It wasn't boring at all. Who was it that said we all lead lives of quiet desperation? Welcome to the club....

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger BraveandCrazy said...

Miss you Tree, :) WRITE more...write about ghosts. Or toejam or something...:) anything:)

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger MB said...

It's so good to see a little spark of the you I love so much. I hope you are well in more than just work... Do remember though that the office you go to is your job. Your job that will allow you to do your work.

We miss you.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Laura_Rob said...

Dearest Tree,
I wish I could say something insightful, however I made an attempt that didnt seem to work already.

It is fabulous that your kids eat sand - again I heard of this 80yr old woman who swears by it.

As for work, it wouldnt be the same without you. We miss your company! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home