Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I Have So Much to Write About!

It's been a lovely weekend so far. Jim had Remembrance Day off, so we took Aidan and Liam shopping and spent way too much money. Liam got a snowsuit at Baby Gap after a long and tiring search. Do you know how expensive those things are? DO YOU? Unvelievably, the Gap one was the least expensive - it is a bonus, then, that we liked it best.
Saturday was great. Our good friends Kelly and Bobby came over for dinner and to finally meet Liam.

Kelly and I are very much alike. It's great for me to have someone to relate to about those things in my life that some just don't get. She studies and does energy work and is a virtual library of information on anything related to the subject! I think we learn a lot from each other.
Aside from that connection, Kelly is just a great person. And her husband is too. We have fun together. Even more exciting is that Kelly has just learned that she's expecting...my excitement over this news has reached new levels of heart-pounding insanity. My friend is pregnant! Our kids can be pals! The joy of it is indiscribable.
In other news, I was disheartened to learn (from Jim) that Jeff wasn't altogether pleased with the entry I wrote about him. I mentally went through the details and puzzled over which part he was upset about. Was it that I said he was on medication? The part where I said that his eventual better half may be a whiff more frustrated? No, my friends. No. I finally talked to my brother, and he revealed that, indeed, it was the picture that I posted that was bothering him. No, no...not the ridiculous looking one. The nice one. The one where he's smiling invitingly. THAT is what bothered him. As my husband says, Jeff is wack. Anyway, in order to soothe his bruised self-esteem, I have vowed to post the following, more accurate pictures of Jeff. They have better captured his true, inner self. Enjoy.

Upon reviewing the above, Jeff had the following to say: "I look sharp. Sometimes I forget that, but I'm a pretty sharp guy".

Sharp indeed, brother o' mine.

I will leave you today with a conversation had with my middle boy:

Me: Uh, oh! What happened, Aidan?

Aidan: I dunno!

Me: Did you drop that on the floor?

Aidan: No; Invisible Bad Guy did that!

Me: Really? It looked like you did it...

Aidan: No, it was Invisible Bad Guy. Are you mad at him? He's bad!

Me: He's only being bad if he did it on purpose. If it was an accident, I'm not mad!

Aidan: Oh. Mom?

Me: Yeah?

Aidan: I did it.

Me: Oh?

Aidan: Yeah. But it was an accident!

Then, as an afterthought:

Aidan: Invisible Bad Guy made me do that!


You can't help but love the kid.

6 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God she got some better pics of me up. A picture's worth a thousand words!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Jeff, the Ministry of Silly Faces is looking for you, I think. John Cleese told me....

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygod aidan is so freaken adorable tree!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH

jen

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Jeff, I will say it again. You're wack.
Jen, you have a rather beautiful boy yourself!
:)
I love my sibs.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah babes you are such a sweetie. I love that picture and you DID make yourself THREE BEAUTIFUL kids! :) Liam looks like a little angel, that baby has a gift! HUGE BIG ASS CRAZY GIFT that is going to make his lovely mommy shake her said and say "What?" hehehe :)

I cannot WAIT to be a mommy:) I love the way it makes you shine:)Love you girlie:) Kels.

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAH jeff was upset coz you put a NICE picture of him up?? OH JEFF hahahahhaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home