Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Many Pictures for You to Enjoy Whilst I Mourn the Loss of Our Front Bumper But That's Better Than Jim Being Hurt, Right?

This morning I am shaken up because Jim got in a car accident. So, I will post some pictures and try to avoid the subject so I do not cry. Jim is ok, incidentally. On with the pictures.

Today it is snowing and it is windy. And there is ice on the road. Ice that is slippery and accident-inducing. Regardez-vous le neige:


Jim is not home yet. He is still there, waiting for the cops.

Ahem.

I looked deep into the aquarium yesterday and saw that one of the guppies is having some tail issues. Jen, if you're reading this, WHAT THE???


This is our black moor who is presently healing from other fin problems and doing very well. I won't show you a picture of our goldfish whose entire top fin was eaten by fungus. Your welcome.

Here's what Liam does when I'm on the computer too long:

So I'm ready to talk about it now. I knew it was going to happen. I looked outside this morning and immediately knew. I got that feeling in my gut. And I couldn't breathe. I thought it was because of this cold I have but now I know it was because I knew. I kept saying that I didn't want him to drive and why the heck couldn't I breathe?

I called him a few minutes after he left and told him that I'd seen on tv that 10 inches of snow was going to fall and that I wanted him to come home. He said he was already on the highway and things were fine.

I called him 10 minutes later and said it again. Oh, and corrected my 10 inches statement. It was 10 centimeters. He laughed at me. I said I was worried he'd get into an accident.

"Nick and Jessica broke up," he said.

"That's been on the rocks for a while, now," I said.

"Love you," he said.

I hung up with a sick feeling in my stomach. That's going to be the last thing he says to me before the accident. That Nick and Jessica broke up.

When the phone rang minutes later my heart started racing.

"I'm ok," was the first thing he said.

So he's not home yet. He rear-ended someone after sliding on 20 feet of ice. He's ok. The van is not.

I'm waiting.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Oh gosh! I'm so glad he's OK- car accidents are terrifying. Go snuggle that sweet baby and breathe deeply.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home