Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, June 16, 2006

Snippets

Out of Reach

You have been a part of my life
Always
There in some way
There in spirit, mostly
Your spirit is so huge

There, but not
As a child I watched and wondered
I ached for you
Tried so hard
Began to reach

Arms outstretched, always
Even now, though strength is failing
Waiting for my fingers to find purchase
To be reached for, and grasped in return
Waiting, always

We barely ever speak
It doesn’t matter
You still affect me
With your silence, neverending
Indifference?

Who are you?

Do you belong to me in some small way?

At all?

You could have so much more…

My arms hurt.


~~~~~~~~
Dear Friday,

I just want to tell you that I love you. Your every arrival is joyful. Your very existence, sublime.

Thank you for being you.

Love always and forever,
Tree

~~~
Jim read to the boys from “Suess-isms” last night.

Aidan: DAD! STOP!

Jim: What? Why?

Aidan: My head is hurting!

Jim: Are you ok?

Aidan: Yeah.

Jim reads a bit more.

Aidan: Aaaah! Stop! Those words are making me CRAZY!

~~~
Happy Friday, one and all. I love you. You’re pretty.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger kris said...

I certainly hope you're feeling better, Ms. Tree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home