Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Some Things


Today is my Grammy's operation; the one where she goes in with two breasts and cancer, and comes out with one breast and, God willing, no cancer. I'm praying it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes. If you pray, maybe you could add my Grammy Elaine to your prayers. And all of you...all of you who I know and love and all of you who I don't know, but love anyways...send her energy, ok? Aaaaaall the way to PEI. Send her peace and love.


Please.


So, speaking of love - guess what? Guess! Okay I'll tell you. See that new button over on the right? The "Perfect Post" button? The lovely and talented mama-tulip nominated one of my posts! Guess what else? I love her! Isn't that just so sweet and flattering? I actually blushed when I read her email. Incidentally, you should visit her blog. She's an amazing writer - profound, edgy and hilarious. I can't get enough of her. I want to make her tea and feed her bonbons.


Now I must ask you something. Is it hot where you are? Because here? It is hot. Well, today it's rather rainy but let me tell you, it's been very hot recently. Of late. Lately. Very hot. And sadly, the boys' daycare wasn't air-conditioned. Yesterday, when we arrived to claim our sweaty, listless children, the daycare provider laughed and said they'd be getting an air conditioner that night...because of Aidan! Apparently, my young lad lay down on the cool floor of the daycare, refusing to participate in any songs or games, and assumed a rather lethargic posture in silent rebellion against the heat. His sweaty hair was plastered to his head, and his normally smiley self was simply...not smiley.


This morning, an air conditioner whirred softly in the window of the daycare. And all were overcome with relief, and danced and celebrated in the old fashion. All rejoiced and gave thanks.


In short, WHOOPEE!

13 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Go Aidan! AC is the true ambrosia of the gods.

And go Tree for the Perfect Post!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um, yeah. It is hot here in Florida. But we know it, we expect it to be, and even the porta-potties for the construction workers have AC units.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger MB said...

Sending love and peace and all the good energy I can muster to your Gramma.

And hot? It's hot. 106 right now. I'm melting. Right.Now.As.We.Speak...Write.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'm sending tons of positive energy to PEI. Hope all goes well.

I'd love for you to make me tea and feed me bonbons. One day, my friendly fellow Canuck. One day. ;)

Aidan is a boy after my own heart -- that's exactly how I'd protest the sweltering heat. Poor little guy. Yeah, it's been supa dupa sick hot here lately.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Your perfect post was a perfect post. I remember reading it at the time and thinking how lovely it was! Congrats :>)

Hope all has gone well for your gramma Elaine. She sounds like a spunky lady from what you've share so far; I bet she'll be fighting the good fight on this one too.

And we've got the ACs blasting away in this part of the country too. Heat, heat go away.

Peace and hugs and love to Gramma!

E

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was a perfect post too.

Sending much much love and great big healing thoughts to Grammy Elaine. She sounds like magic. It must run in the family.

Also sending psychic ice pops to your sweaty family.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Your Grammy was definitely in my prayers yesterday. How did it go?

Very hot here. Keep begging my friends with pools to get them ready for my belly to flop in!

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the "perfect post" when I read it the first time. An honor well deserved! Diane

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

1. i'm a prayin' kinda gal so ... you got it. how did it go?

2. can i come over for tea & bonbons, too? i like mama_tulip, too. come on? can i? can i?

3. not so hot here today ... but not there either so ...

4. how could the daycare NOT HAVE A/C?!

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tree, how did everything go? Is your Gran feeling all right, all things considered? I do hope that you all are doing well. /B

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Hope Grammy Elaine is resting comfortably and the worst is over. Keep us posted while you get some rest yourself.

Jenn tells me you keep bossing her ghosts around. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it :>)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Y'all, I just love yous. I do, I do.
Thank you.
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and most of all for just caring about my Grammy and about me!
The surgery went well, I hear. My Grammy was supposed to have gone home today. Inspirational, really. She only stayed the night so they could monitor her pacemaker...I am constantly in awe of this woman.
Thank you again; I'll keep you updated.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{good vibes}}} Grammy Elaine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home