Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Experiment Details (WOO!)

For those of you interested in my little experiment, here are the details! If you’re not interested (huh? Seriously, this is just too cool. And interesting! How could you NOT be interested? The mind boggles), just skip this one.

Okay! This is exciting. Here’s how it’ll work:
There will be two control groups: a remote group and an in-person group, each consisting of five people. The third group will be random strangers, and the results will be observed only. I’ll observe both physical reaction and reaction in the energy field.

I decided to go with three groups to see if there is a difference in the intensity of the perceived emotions. As I’ve changed things up a bit, would those of you who said in the comments that you’d like to be part of the group please let me know if you still want to participate! A couple of you have indicated that you’d like only good emotions projected. While I’ll concentrate on positive emotions, I will be mixing in a bit of negative, too. However, I am going to be keeping the projection period very short each time, and I’ll make sure to clear you afterwards. Remember, I want to be able to post your comments and/or reactions, but I’ll certainly change your name online if you wish. If you’d still like to participate, just email me. And if you weren’t one of the original five who volunteered, feel free to email me anyway; I may need some backups!

I’ll run the experiment over five days, beginning Monday, May 22, 2006. Before that day, I will write down my intended projected emotions for the week. Every day during the experiment, I will announce the time frame for the volunteers to expect me to send them something the next day. The volunteers are expected to do nothing during this time period except to document how they are feeling, and to note anything out of the ordinary that happens (like seeing certain colors or images, or feeling any physical sensations). I’m going to vary the amount of time that I’ll be projecting the emotion, as well, just to see if that has an effect.

After the five days are up, I’ll send out a questionnaire to each of the participants, and then document the results here. This is so cool.

There are challenges:
Will my emotions affect the outcome?
Will the emotions already present in each of the volunteers hinder their ability to receive the projected emotion?
What if the emotion I send out is only felt later in the day? What if it takes longer to “process” remotely? What if they don’t feel it until the next day?
What if the perceived emotion is interpreted as something differently than how I’ve labelled it?

I think this is an imperfect experiment, to say the least. But it’s a good start! And fun!

Now here are my questions for you:

1) Should I, before the experiment begins, announce here the intended emotions to be projected? I wouldn’t specify the day, of course.
2) If so, I’d like to hear what YOU’D like me to project. Nothing too negative (though I think anger or fear would be ok, as I’ll use one of the shorter time-periods for those).

As soon as my control groups are finalized, I’ll post names and the final details.

Woo!

10 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I'm still in. As to your question, I don't think I'd want to know the list of emotions you'll be 'sending'. It might effect the quality of the experiment. I might be sort of 'watching' for those emotions and then perceive them when they are not necessarily there.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger DeafMomWorld said...

Count me in! I read your blog every-day :) My only question is, I'm deaf, would that affect the experiment in any way? I also wanted to do a reading with you but wasn't sure.

The reason why I wasn't sure because for example, hyponosis doesn't work on deaf individuals because people become hyponized at the sound of the voice so I wasn't sure if this one will work.

let me know :)

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Rass, deafness doesn't affect my readings at all. :) email me: treebob@dragonrun.com

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

1) Should I, before the experiment begins, announce here the intended emotions to be projected? I wouldn’t specify the day, of course.

I don't know. If I'm a participant, I might imagine those emotions for days!

2) If so, I’d like to hear what YOU’D like me to project. Nothing too negative (though I think anger or fear would be ok, as I’ll use one of the shorter time-periods for those).

No fear please. Especially since sonogram is Wed. Anger if you do it after 5pm C so I can direct it at husband and not child. *ha*

Otherwise...totally in!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, count me in!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Lauri said...

Oooo! I definitely want in!

And I don't think you should announce what kinds of feelings you will be sending out. That would definitely affect things.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you site through the breed'm and weep site. This sound so exciting. I would love to participate if you don't have enough people.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please please count me in I want to be part of the test group please please please!!!!

I don't think you should list the intended emotional output just the time frame in which you would project. That way you'll have less polluted data.

Just my 2 cents.

Love you Tree!

S

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Tree, hope I can participate in a later study! For now, though, I would recommend not revealing which emotions you'll be sending. You don't want to confound variables ... let it be sort of a "blind study".

If you release your info, the power of the mind would lead the test subjects to conscious or subconscious "rehearsals" of the projected emotions and really muddy the waters.

I think you would be "leading the witness" too much.

IMHO Hugs and good luck! xxoo

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tree! I've been a quiet lurker for ages (got here via Jenn's blog) and I love to read your Ghost Stories. I got goosebumps after reading the story about your adventures in Jenn's attic!

I'd love to be involved in your experiment, if you still need anyone. Clearly I fit into the 'random stranger' quota.

Good luck! I'll be reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home