Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, May 15, 2006

All Good Things...

Life is crazy. Wonderful. Crazy.

Several years ago, my brother came to me and told me that something had been bothering him. Something…someone…not of this world. My sister, Jen, and I had always been very open about our gifts. We had always shared a room, so often our experiences merged and ran together. We always talked about it. But Jeff was quiet. When he came to me and told be about this problem that was bothering him so, I was thrilled. Finally, finally, Jeff speaks!

So Jen, Jeff and I gathered in their crowded apartment kitchen, lit some candles, and for the first time, used our gifts together. It was a life-changing experience. We confronted Jeff’s tormentors (who really just wanted to tell their story), and met some other spirits that night. We discovered that Jeff had some other entities with him, who remain a mystery to this day. We just felt that they believe he owes them something.

After that first night, we began an online forum, where people could write about their experiences or ask us for help. We called ourselves Trinity, and we were very good together. We never charged people; we just got together, opened up, and had fun. We helped people find lost items, contacted loved ones who had passed on, and did readings both remotely and in person. Our gifts complimented each other…we were similar, but different.

We got the occasional donation, or were treated to dinner, but for the most part, were in it to learn. Then, things changed. I had two young children (Aidan was just a baby) and full-time work to keep me very busy, and Jen became pregnant with Gage. Trinity slowed down and eventually fizzled out…but the contacts I made are a blessing to this day, and the things we all learned are priceless. Once in a while, we talk about resurrecting our little group. Someday.

I kept doing energy work and readings on my own, and a dear friend of mine convinced me that I needed to realize the value of the work that I do, and start charging. She was right. The time and effort it took was proof alone. I began making money doing what I loved. It was amazing. It was gratifying! I taught energy classes and did readings several times a week.

When I became pregnant with Liam, I knew bed rest wasn’t far behind. For the most part, I stopped using my gifts except to concentrate inward – on my baby and my self. Once Liam was born, I was very quickly ready to continue working with my gifts but no longer had the outlet I had enjoyed before. So, when I started blogging about my family, and these talents that I have became a part of that, I was thrilled at the interest!

These past months have been wonderful for me. I’ve been able to meet so many people, and help so many, too. I learned so much. I’ve gained confidence. I’ve become better at what I do. So, to all of you who’ve read my words on Ghost Story Tuesdays and commented, or emailed…to all of you who’ve asked for readings and given me feedback…and to all of you who remain sceptical but still ask questions…thank you.

Thank you!

I’m going to keep doing readings and energy work. But now I’m also working full-time, and life has consequentially become incredibly full. I do readings nearly every night, and on weekends. For that reason, I cannot keep doing this work free of charge. I will not put a price on what I do. I’ll accept payment according to how you feel the reading went. If you can’t pay me with money, I’ll gladly accept something else that has value to you – maybe you’re crafty. Or maybe you have your own business and want to exchange something that you do…we’ll work it out. And to those of you having ongoing sessions with me right now, don’t worry, you’re still going to get your sessions free of charge. To those of you who simply cannot pay: we'll work that out, too.

I hope that makes sense. I really, really hope it’s fair. And hey, if you don’t want to pay for a reading, you can always read about them for free!

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fair to me. More than fair. If you are as good as you sound (which I don't doubt), then you deserve compensation. That's how the world works, how people keep their kids in food and clothes.

I don't know much about your gifts or what to think, but I think that I'd like to accept a reading sometime. Maybe in person? It give me butterflies just saying that! But I'd like to try out the experience.

Phil came home today telling me that James was showing him your blog and talking about your gifts. He occasionally comes home with some tidbit of information about you or the kids and I say, yeah, I know, she can see ghosts, too. Tee hee! Extra points for me. But seriously, thanks for the blog, it makes me feel connected to your life and to you.

Jill

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

"Trinity"??!! Er, how did father, son and ghost feel about you borrowing their brand name? I guess there's room enough for all though!

Seriously, your family history is so fascinating. You will have to share how many generations back this gift goes. Do you know?

As having been touched by your spiritual energy, I have to say that I'm a believer. What you revealed to me and Jenn does not have any earthly explanation.

Gentle readers of all our blogs ... we still have more to tell, each in our own time.

I still don't know how you find time to fit all these many sessions, feelings, images into your busy homelife. You seem so well-adjusted and grounded for someone who's talking to ghosts!

Definitely charge for your services; it is fair and just. No matter the form of "payback", it will be a loving exchange.

Peace, the Mater

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad to see this morning's post. You absolutely deserve to be paid for what you do, dear soul! Yes!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so so so so so proud of you! I am thrilled you took this step. Tree! You Rock!

*dances*

Can you feel the excitement! Love you tons, Kels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home