Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ghost Story...Wednesday?

Oh my gawd. Today is Wednesday. That means yesterday was Tuesday. And I didn’t do a ghost story.
Uh, oops?
And now I’m at work and feeling completely un-ghost-story-like. So what shall I do for you?
Hmmm?
I can tell you I love you for all the sweet words yesterday. Oh, the comfort you bring me! So, thanks for that.
Oh! I can tell you that Liam had a much-improved day yesterday. Relief. I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest as we approached the daycare, but when I saw that Liam was swinging quite merrily in the baby swing and not flopped lethargically in the caregiver’s arms, I felt such enormous relief that I could have happily ended my day right there. I truly felt like lying down in the sand and just going to sleep.
What? You want a ghost story, you say?
Yes. I suppose I do owe you a ghost story. Let me think.
Something short.
Oh! When we were in Massachusetts, I woke up in the middle of our first night at the hotel and instantly knew there was someone standing at the foot of the bed. Sort of to the right. A man. A large, curious man. So I acknowledged him and told him I was incredibly tired and needed sleep. Then I went back to sleep.
The end.

ps: I love you!

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

ha! How creepy...in a hotel! There's so much weird stuff that goes on in a hotel. Ew! Very funny that you just basically flipped him off.

Glad yesterday was so much better!

Don't worry about Ghost Tuesdays, Wednesdays or any other day that you don't feel up to it. mmmkay?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger MB said...

Okay, I would die if there was a "large curious man" standing at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night. The other day I was in the office, which has a window to our front porch. Gracie asked me who the man at the door was. I explained, there is no one there honey. She insisted...Mommy, who is he? What is his name? I finally just told her to ask him.

Crazy.

So glas Liam is better. Are you enjoying work yet?

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, see? You write three sentences and we are all spellbound. If that's not a gift, then I don't know what is.

The hotel that Tree was in used to be worker housing for the old, old textile mill across the street (which is now MASS MoCA), so, um, I'm thinking the guy was just wondering why she was sleeping on top of his lunch pail or woolen muffler or something.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger TreeBob said...

I must have slept through it as usual
:(

I am not an open conduit like my beautiful wife and jenn. All well at least I get a good nights sleep :)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Oh boy, you wake up with a friendly curious man at the foot of your bed - hell, I should have such luck!

I haven't even cashed in on my birthday present yet :>)

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I have commented here a couple times before...wanted your opinion on something: My three year old (girl)came into my room at 3:30am crying because "Jason was in her room and he wouldn't leave". She has frequesntly told me over the last several months that they have sleepovers but last night he wouldn't leave and she got scared. She wanted me to open her door (which she shut last night) to see if he was gone. We do not know any "Jasons" nor is there any in the shows that she watches (Dora, Blue's Clues, Diego); I can't even explain where she got the name. What's going on? Thanks, Diane

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so MB's and Diane's story creeped me out way more than the curious guy.

My cousin recently told me a story about her (then) three year old at a cemetary and I made her write it up and send it to me so I could post it on my blog.

If my kids ever saw people that weren't there, they kept it to themselves and Mommy is grateful because Mommy is a weenie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home