Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'm An Expert In Denial, But...

Well, yeah, it's red. After it completely dried, there was no denying it:

And apparently, my worried look is easily misconstrued as a seductive look.

Which got me thinking.

I have anxiety and panic disorder, which is exacerbated by...well, by everything. Going out in public results in my face being masked permanently in my worried look.

So I guess that explains the looks I've been getting from the old guys at the mall...

~~~

Nine days and counting. Nine more days before I go back to work. Liam is doing exceptionally well in daycare. He still doesn't drink much, which concerns me, especially with the hot weather coming on, but other than that, he's doing so very well. He sleeps well, loves playing with the kids, is generally happy, and the caregiver is in love with him (duh!).

So, the child care situation is well in hand.

Me? Well, I'm slowly coming around to the situation. I'm trying to do positive things in preparation. Dyeing my hair was part of that, ha ha. I'm going shopping for work clothes with a dear friend on Monday, too. I can't wait! Since losing all that weight, nothing much fits me, not even my old "skinny" clothes. It'll be great to wear clothes that fit...and it'll be awesome to spend time with my friend. Oh! And I'm going to buy some of those whitening strips for my teeth and try that out, too.

I still don't have my letter of offer. Even for the government, this is late. I can't say I'm surprised, though, considering it was over a year between the time I tested and interviewed for my promotion and the time I actually got my promotion.

Anyway.

What are you doing this weekend? We're going to a barbeque to celebrate our friend's birthday and I can't wait to see their baby!

My birthday quickly approaches, as well! I've been enjoying my thirtieth year. I let myself believe that I was sort of on the precipice to being "in my thirties." But I don't think I can enjoy that precipice once I'm thirty-one, can I? Ah, age doesn't bother me so much. And I'm going to order a chocolate cake with flowery rainbow icing.

And maybe I'll get them to put a princess on top. Because you can't get too girly when you live with five boys, right?

9 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Woo hoo! Have fun shopping and at the bbq. I think your hair looks gooooood!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

I like your hair! Perhaps with it red you won't need explanation for the moods swings. HA! I can say that because my sister is a natural red head :)

I'd certainly want that offer letter! Might ease your worries about starting work in nine days!

Celebrate EVERY 30-something birthday! Then freak when it is your 39th. I will.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would call it strawberry blonde, and it looks very natural actually.

I've always had these issues dying my own hair... it never comes out the color on the box. Now I get the pros to do it, pay through my ASS, but it comes out the way I want it.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet jim likes your hair, he has a thing for red hair eh? yea that's all ya need right now, more boners from jim!!!
lol
jenna

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Tree, Go!

Shopping, hair dye, birthday cake, princesses, there's no stopping you, girl.

Jill

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

RED & SEXY!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

de-lurking to give a bit of hair dying advice. my hair always went red too. go for cooler tones. like if it says blonde, go ashier. it off sets the redness. so does cooler browns. if it looks too cool, it'll wind up looking just right.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger The Mater said...

Wonderful that the boys are all settling into their daycare routines and momma is now moving forward with her agenda, albeit not exactly the job of her dreams! We know what that will be :>)

In meantime, here are a couple thoughts on that upcoming birthday ...

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older." Abraham Sutzkever

"Everyone is the age of their heart." Guatemalan saying

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" Satchell Paige

Peaceful hugs xxoo

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You look GORGEOUS darling. I think the color looks very nice on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home