Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, April 10, 2006

Families Make Parties FUN!

Well!

The party? It was insanity. Yes. And every time I think about writing about it so I can share the insanity with you all (I am SO generous!), I get a little twitchy.

So, I'm going to show you some pictures instead. And you will see that somehow, every picture contains something rather crazy. And that sums up the whole thing. So, pictures are appropriate!

At our little family party on Friday (not so insane), Caleb opens his gifts. Smile, Aidan!:


Aw, nice smile honey.

I decide to take a picture of the cake. It's a Harry Potter cake! Isn't it nice? What? You say you see something odd in the background?


Hmm, Jen has a nice smile, too. The true nature of my family seems to be revealed in pictures. Surely Jeff will come through for me! Smile, Jeff!


Yes. Well, that's just about right. Caleb looks lovely, though! Jim, I'm going to take a picture of you! Because you are not blood-related! You'll let me take a nice picture! Right?


I give up.

The next day was the party at the theatre with all the misinterpretations due to language issues and resulting demon-like behaviour. The movie was fun (thought I didn't understand much of it and also I sat in the car with Liam for half an hour so as to give the movie-goers a break from the schreeching). The hour in the party room afterwards was...challenging. The look on the face of one of the kid's parents in the background (who is my HERO because he stayed to help out) sums it up perfectly:

Caleb is a happy little seven year-old. He had a great weekend, despite my inability to capture a decent picture of it. Oh, wait! I may have one...


Nope. But isn't Jen's hair pretty?

9 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mannnn i love our retarded family hahahhahahaha
your retarded sister

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanna say that's one of the best pics anyone's ever taken of me. Bravo!

Your retarded brother

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Retarded families are the BEST!

Funny how Caleb looks the most composed...

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Tree said...

hey jennboree appreciates us!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

hysterical.
What I always say about kids' birthday parties is: too many kids, not enough alcohol.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, man. Bwahahahaha! This is totally like the parties I've tried desperately to capture on film, only to come away with 900 shots of people looking like they are afflicted.

Yay for family!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger kris said...

Looks like a perfect party to me. Congratulations on JUST the right amt of goofy.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Lynanne said...

The party looks so much fun! I don't think your family is goofy at all!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I have always wanted either all boys, or more boys than girls. And your stories still don't deter me! Granted, they're nowhere near teenagers yet, but still -- your boys are off to a good start! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home