Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy


When I think about how were born, sweet son of mine, a cloudy image of a doctor leaning over me and saying quietly, "the medicine is no longer working to stop the contractions. We're going to let you have the baby" is the first thing that pops into my mind.
I was terrified.
You were 7 weeks early exactly, and you were perfection...all 5lbs, 4oz of you.
How much you have taught me, Caleb. Your heart is so pure...so giving. I adore you! And I am so very proud of you. You amaze me every single day. I see myself in your eyes and in your actions and am overwhelmed with gratitude at the fact that I get to be your mother. Child of my heart...
Happy Birthday, sweet boy!
I can't believe you are already seven!

~~~~~

Tonght, we're having family over for a small birthday celebration for the birthday boy. Tomorrow, the real chaos begins. Can you believe that we are having a birthday party at the theater with FIVE of Caleb's crazy friends? Who are all french? Well, it's true. We, incidentally, are not fluently french. Not even close. Caleb is excited. We are afraid.
Another source of excitement for the boy is that he lost his first tooth this week.
One tooth lost:


Two gained:


And just for good measure, a toothy grin from Aidan:

~~~~~

My I seem to be all over the place today. Many of you have said that I sound better. You know what? I am. I think. "Subtle" is the word of the day, here. I'm still crazy. But I don't feel quite so...desperate. Does that make sense?

Either way, thank you, thank you, thank you for the support you've shown me.

Also, the part-time daycare situation continues to go well. Liam still won't drink milk from anything but...well, me...but hopefully that will come in time.

Happy Friday, all, and here's hoping your weekend will be less hectic than mine's about to be!

Aw, heck! Let's see another picture!

13 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Your boys are just too precious for words! Happy birthday to Caleb! And GOOD LUCK to you with six children at a theater. You must be feeling better to take on that task! :)

Is Liam trying to drink from a Sippy cup or a regular cup? Bella would only drink from a soft tip Sippy at that age, even that was a challenge.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it makes my heart swell to see how in love you are w/ your boys :) tree you are so blessed darling. and so thankful. what an amazing mix!

your energy does feel better. i can sense such joy in it:)

i am all bouncy about seeing you this week! :)

love you, kels.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Caleb!

I'm sure that tomorrow will only be half as much chaos as you expect...I hope!

Enjoy!

Jill

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Caleb!

Congrats on the tooth losing and gaining, and for feeling better. Your boys are absolutely beautiful. :)

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyeux Anniversaire Caleb!

Google tells me that's how you say Happy Birthday in french. I speak less french than your Mom, so I hope Google got it right!

Hope you guys all have a happy weekend.

Jo

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Lynanne said...

Happy birthday to Caleb!

What a great series of pictures. Your boys are so cute! I love their big brown (and blue!) eyes!

Good luck on the birthday party. You are a very brave mom :)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger sc@vp said...

Just because no one else has mentioned it recently: YOUR BOYS ARE GORGEOUS.

And, maybe we could work out some sort of arrangement with my girl at some point in the future? What? Arranged marriages seem to work ...

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful boys.

Diane

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, my good grandson Caleb! Wow, 7 already! I love you, Grampy Dale.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Me said...

I have the SAME birth day! Hope it was happy.... Happy Birthday kiddo! I was celebrating right along with you.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Whenever you're feeling drained and unsure of yourself ... just return to this post and gaze upon those three beautiful lads! You done good, kiddo. Of course, kudos to hubby too. Beautiful family :>)

We'll have to fix those handsome sons up with Sophie and Hannah one day!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah kudos to me! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home