Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ghost Story Tuesday

Today, I’ll be answering a question from the lovely Lauri who, incidentally, could use some get well wishes right now!

~~~

OK-here's what happened...

I was laying in bed and Steven and the kids were all asleep. So I decided to try and "open up" and see what happened.

So I'm laying there and said something about inviting people in, blah, blah, blah...can't remember exactly. Then, all of a sudden, very quickly and easily (much quicker and easier than I thought it would be) there is this big, carved, wooden archway with these big, heavy-ass wooden doors that open inward...not out toward me.

The doors start opening, and there are GOBS of all kinds and ages of people pushing and shoving and clamoring all over each other to get out. But, because the doors are opening inward, and there are about a gobzillion people there, they can't open very far and nobody ever actually makes it out. But they are all trying frantically to be the first one out and/or get my attention...yelling "Hey! I'm here!" or "Can you see me!" and stuff like that, holding their arms up in the air.

It kind of scared me because it was such an uncontrolled thing, so I just cut it off and I haven't done it again.

So...let me know what you think, and what you do to control things.

~~~

Hmmmm…interesting!

First, I think it’s important to acknowledge that you’re obviously a very sensitive person. I congratulate you on having the courage to open up like that…it can be scary. It can also be a little hard to control, as you saw. In opening yourself and making yourself so vulnerable, you opened the doors to anyone who wanted in. It’s why I say stay away from Ouija boards…the open invitation is just too tempting for those tricksters or any darker energy that senses you. Usually, just opening yourself up won’t result in such an onslaught of attention from entities, but your level of sensitivity may be higher than average.

You may be the type of person who receives messages through symbols or images. The doors are a very strong symbol of opening. As to why nobody could get out, I could speculate that there were too many trying to get through at once, or you hadn’t acknowledged anyone specific…or, it’s even likely that this experience was meant simply to show you that you can do this, and that there are people waiting to talk to you. Only you can interpret what you saw.

The bad news is, often when people have an experience like you’ve had, they get scared or weirded out and they don’t do it again. I say it’s bad news because if you’re capable of these types of things, you could help others…or help yourself. You could have experiences that can open your mind and your heart and change you as a person.

The good news is, this is possible to control! Remember, there are countless entities out there…many waiting for someone to acknowledge them. So, opening up and inviting anyone in is probably not going to be productive for you. Here are a few suggestions:

-Are there any deceased family members you can open up to? If so, then do like you did last time: relax and open up. This time, think about that person. Say their name…concentrate on how they make you feel. That’s how you connect to their energy. Just feeling a presence or an acknowledgement is enough here. Later, when you’re more confident, learn to pay attention to any images, sounds, smells, or messages you may get, and then validate as best you can by talking to family members or doing some research.

-Pay attention to everything…often, the dead are communicating with us and we don’t even see it, or we pass it off as coincidence.

-Practice connecting to the living! If you can connect to the dead, you are sensitive enough to read living energy. It’s easier than it sounds. It’s best to build confidence by focusing on family first. How is your husband feeling? Don’t ask in words, just connect to his energy and see what you get. Next time someone tells you their neck hurts, connect to them and feel it for yourself. When you talk to a friend on the phone, don’t just listen; connect to them and feel what they feel as they’re talking to you. Test yourself. If you think your husband is stressed, try to validate what you’re getting by talking to him. If you’re right, cool! If not, you’re interpreting wrong. Remember what you feel when you connect, and use it next time.

Let me know how you progress…if, that is, you decide to explore this further. If this is something you simply do not want in your life right now, that’s ok, too.

Who else has questions for me? Just write it in the comments or email me, whichever you prefer. This is fun!

And by the way, the exercises I suggested up there are great for everyone, especially the last one.

6 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tree--there is a very dark spirit that lives near my parent-in-laws house. Do you have any suggestions on how to excise the spirit or protect myself and my family from this intity?

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lauri said...

Oh, I DEFINITELY want to keep doing this! I can remember having 'spirits' or whatever, visit me as young as 5 years old. There were a few rather significant ones, and lots that would just come and go...I just was never able to get past that first part and get the ball rolling, so to speak, to connect with them more and find out why they were there.

And yes, I did open up that night that you posted about too openly...and I know better than to do that! It just seems like if I try to focus on one person, it doesn't work. I'll try it your way...to notice any and all smells, feelings or whatever, and try to progress from there.

But, how do you (I) do that exactly? Just ask questions?

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! Lauri you are a brave girl!!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mrs. Why said...

It really freaks me out that there are so many entities trying to get someone to pay attention to them. Yikes. What do they want? Just to be heard? To tell their story?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

My goodness, Ms. Tree, you bravely venture where others fear to go. I'm new to your site but plan to get acquainted. I hear that you've already met my mom :>)

Go gently and enjoy your same-sex brood! They will produce some fine granddaughters one day ....

Jenn's Mom

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Samantha, can you email me with more details? I can help.
Lauri, keep me updated on your progress, and email me with questions. I owe you an energy read, too!
Mrs. why - Sometimes they want just what you've said...sometimes they need to resolve something...sometimes, they don't want anything! Sometimes they just enjoy hanging around. :)
Hi, Mater...how lovely to see you here. I feel like I know you! Your Mom is a wonderful soul! Welcome to the site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home