Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ghost Story Tuesday

Part One

She’s standing in my room again
In the darkness of the night
Hands by her sides
Head hanging

She’s wearing a white nightgown
Dripping wet on my carpet
Bare feet muddy on my floor
But not

At first I pretended she wasn’t there
But she keeps coming back
What do you want
I ask her

Silently

I cannot see her eyes
They are hidden behind her hair
Her hair looks wet
And tangled

But I can feel her eyes
In the stillness, in the silence
Regarding me
Unmoving

What do you want
I ask her
Not really wanting an answer
Asking her with my mind

To show you something

You don’t belong here.
Why show me?
She feels wrong
I’m scared

Because you can see

She starts to paint a picture

In my mind she paints a picture

But I don’t want to see
This is my home
Leave me alone
I say

And for a while…
She does.

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said...

I read often. Love your stories about life and otherwise. I have to say though you are stronger than me.. or is it I? I am such a nosy person that I would never be able to tell anyone to go away and not find out what they wanted. Even if it was scary. I have opened myself up once or twice but I have been having hard time doing it lately. If you have time.. email me I would really like some advise and tips.. I know you are really busy. aburroughs@nc.rr.com

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Tree said...

Hi Ann,
I sort of have a rule about my home...I try to keep it ghost-free, or at least I shut myself off so I can believe it's ghost-free! I like my home to be a place strictly for family and comfort, and this is just best for me. But it often happens that the ghosts don't agree.
I did find out what she wanted, but I figured I'd write it as it happened...over time.
You have a better chance hearing from me if you email me. I keep all my emails until I answer them so they stare at me when I open up my email! Otherwise, I forget. Just email me with your questions!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

*shiver*

That was an awesome description! Can't wait to hear more!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger kris said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Waiting for the other shoe!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that was so good and so eerie! I can't wait to find out what she wanted...and if you were able to help. So you're saying ghosts will come and find you, even if you are not linked to them in any way? I am starting to think of you as wireless Internet, and all sorts of ghosts are coming your way with their psychic laptops, hoping to get online.

Tuesdays have never had it so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home