Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, April 28, 2006

So Excited!

I had a lovely birthday! I am so amazed at how lucky I am so have such sweet friends and family to love and who love me! You, internet friends, are included!

Now I want to tell you something.

Something...exciting.

Guess where I am?

Guess where I am RIGHT NOW! I'm so excited.

I'm here.

And tonight, I'm going to see this, which was written by the wonderfully witty Jenn over at breed 'em and weep and directed by her husband.

And tomorrow, I get to meet them!

Can you feel my excitement? Can you feel it?

I can!

So right now, I have to go shopping for shoes to wear tonight! And then I'm going here.

So, I'll leave you with a sweet poem written for me by The Mater on my birthday. I can't tell you how touched I am that you did this for me, sweet woman!

Ode to a Tree
I think that I shall never see
A psychic wiser than Ms. Tree
She can find so many ghosts
All about whom she later posts
In fact our gal is just so clever
With her out-of-sight endeavor
That she thrills us to no end
On Tuesdays with her shadowy friends
We who don’t possess her gift
May feel like we get short shrift
But being Tree can have its stress
She always has to prepare for guests
Can you imagine trying to do an energy read
With ancestral spirits letting you know their every need
Some may be polite and wait their turn
But others are pushy and have a lot to learn
Poor Tree does the best she can
While her boys and hubby try to understand
There are some nights she sets the table for more
Because you never know who’s coming through Tree's door
They don’t knock because they can’t
Tree has such good manners, she doesn’t rant
She lets them in one by one
They entertain and provide some fun
Just like guests which we can see
Ghosts who behave share Tree’s hospitality
But others who make too many demands
May be put in timeout ‘cause Tree’s in command
So dear Tree as you turn another year older
May those in your life make you feel warmer not colder
Remember that Love is the reason we’re here
Go gently, live kindly and you’ll have nothing to fear
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

8 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Dude, I'm drooling with violent jealousy. Have fun and take notes so I can live vicariously through your next blog entry.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Beautiful poem! Have fun at the play, I'm hopefully going next weekend!!!
and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Have lots of fun!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my hometown, Tree! I'm so glad you came down, so good of you. I wish I could meet you tonight, but we went to the play last night as we have 4th grade version of Hamlet tonight! Theatrical week all around. Enjoy!

ps, i'm delurking for 1st time, found you through breed'em and love you!

take care and happy b-day!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

SHUT UP!

I am SO JEALOUS.

ARRRRRRG.

(of course, what I meant to say was: wow! so happy for you! hope you have a great time!)

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Holy Hannah ... you went shopping for shoes for the play? I hear that there's a terrific sale on ruby red slippers in the local shops :>) Not only are you going to meet Jenn and David, but Mrs. Kitchen and Mr. Pipe as well!

Have a blast and give us the full report! And I'll never forgive you or my daughter IF SOMEONE DOES NOT TAKE SOME PHOTOS OF YOU TWO AND YOUR ADORABLE FAMILIES THIS WEEKEND! Jenn's a bit exhausted and frazzled, so I hope you guys brought a camera.

Wish I could have been there this weekend to meet you but I'm busy collecting term papers from my students :>( Next week, I'll party!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Have a fantastic time! And so glad you had a happy birthday!

Details upon return, right?

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Wonderful poem! Glad you had such a great birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home