Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ghost Story Tuesday

Energy is everywhere. In everything, in everyone. We are energy.

Energies meld together and flow, or get stuck and stagnant. When I’m bored, I look at people. I observe their energy and how it interacts with energies around me, and that tells me about the person.

The bus was an excellent time to observe. When people get on the bus, they are often closed off; they are surrounded by energy, but don’t let it in. They don’t look at their fellow travellers in the eye. They are quiet. Then someone gets on the bus. A homeless man, or a teenager listening to headphones. Someone free and uninhibited…and they affect all of the energies around them. You wouldn’t know it to look at the faces of the people, but they are affected. The flow changes. Mostly, people are annoyed at being disturbed. Sometimes, I see that someone is excited about the change, and watching to see what will happen next…reaching out. I feel connected to these people.

Do you feel that change? When you’re on the bus, or in a crowded room…and someone comes in…the feel of the place changes. The energy changes. Have you ever been on an elevator, staring diligently at the floor, and someone comes on and you know you know that person before you even look up? Have you been at a party , waiting for someone to arrive, and you know exactly when they enter the house?

Do you know someone who is incredibly charismatic? Who is persuasive, outgoing, and has great gut instincts? These people are most likely connecting with the energies around them very well. They have the power to manipulate and to change, and can use it for their own purposes or to help others. They can smooth a situation, or they can make it blow up.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about energy a lot, and how people use it every day in ways they don’t even realize. I’ve been thinking about how amazing it would be to train myself to manipulate energy to affect people positively, without even having to look at them or talk to them. But what’s crossing the line? Is it bad to change the energy of an argument so it goes my way? People do it all the time, just not purposefully. What if I want to get a deal on something I’m buying. Can I use energy to persuade? Can I use it to change thinking? To teach?

Last week, the whole family was in the car, driving to breakfast. I was lost thoughts like the ones I’ve described above. Thinking I should test it. Wondering if I could make someone feel love. I changed my energy, worked on it until I felt it radiating off me. Jim grabbed my hand and I came out of the trance-like state I was in.

Huh?

He gazed at me, a dopey smile on his face.

What?

I don’t know. I just…love you…so much!

Hmmmm.

I told him later on about why that made me smile for so long afterward. He said that he had just had such an overwhelming wave of love for me that he had had to tell me. Then I told him I was wondering if I could give off sexual energy like that, too.

He asked me to kindly not experiment with that one while I was at work. And quite astutely pointed out that there’d be no point in testing it on him, either, considering his constant state of horniness.

I’m sorry. How brash. But I’ve got to report honestly, here!

But it’s made me think. Did Jim have that reaction because he already has love for me? Would this work on a stranger? Is it dangerous to try?

Maybe I’ll stick to something more benign. I could try making people feel giddily happy. Yes. The experiment will commence today!

Hypothesis: That I can use my energy to affect the mood of people. Specifically, that I can make them happier during a specified time period.

Yeesh. How will I know that? Maybe I’ll have to work with a control group. One that gives me ongoing feedback. Then I could have another group of random strangers, whose reactions I would simply observe. Oooh this is going to be fun.

Any suggestions? Any volunteers for the control group? Hey, everybody wants to be happy, right?

13 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest that you do not tell the control group what emotion you will be projecting. It is possible that you may influence some people if you did.

Just my thought...

Horny Guy

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sign me up!
I agree with Mr. Horny, though, don't tell us what you're sending..but please make it something good!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Trista said...

I wonder if energy manipulation would help with depression...

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I'd love to participate too! But, yeah, make it something good. Do you need to know my location or anything?

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in! So much fun:)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

How about you pick the group and hopefully those people will get back to you if they experience an overwhelming sense of mood change.

May not work on a pregnant woman though :)

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! I completely believe this is possible. We do it all the time. My husband and I do this often b/c we're so connected but I think you can influence others as well. The thing is we do it unconciously usually, so it would be cool to make it a conscious thing.

I'm also interested in a reading sometime (and paying for it, it is a very valuable service you offer!), though I have nothing specific going on, just very interested. I am trained in Reiki Level II though I don't practice enough and I try to get to my teacher who is also an empath as much as I can - in fact I meet with her on Thurs for some intuition mentoring... anyway I babble. I'd love to connect with you more.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Oh, this is exciting! I've written the details of what I'll do and I'll post them tomorrow. Thank you for all your suggestions! I think my control group is full!
Still working on my in-person group, but I'm sure it will fill up very soon. I want to make sure it consists of people I see mostly every day.

Trista, I have done sessions with people dealing with depression. (Ironically, I was useless at helping MYSELF!). email me: treebob@dragonrun.com if you like. Energy/healing sessions are excellent, especially as complimentary therapy.

Those who've mentioned that they want readings should email me, too.

More details to come!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mrs. Why said...

I love reading about your gifts, Tree. It makes me want to find someone here in Hawaii to work with. I had a massage with a truly gifted energy worker once, and always wished for more. It was so amazing.

I'm going to try to be more conscious of what I'm putting out there.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said...

drat.. I hate I missed the control group. The state of panic I get in sometimes is overwhelming.. I was hoping it might help me.

Tree I love your post... I read all the time.
Can't wait to hear the out come of the test.
Ann

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could i get your help? I would love to feel happy and spread it to my family--how can I do this? Can you help me?

happysign21@yahoo.com

Thanks and Love,
S

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Ann, email me at treebob@dragonrun.com and we can talk.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Hi Tree, I'm going on vacation later today and can't email. But I will when I get back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home