Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday Fun

Not to be outdone by his brothers, young Liam somehow morphed from a mild to moderate chicken pox sufferer while I was at work yesterday.

If you look veeeery carefullyat this picture from Tuesday, you'll see just a hint of a blossoming pock on his forehead, about an inch above his left eyebrow.

Before:


That very first mark did indeed blossom. Observe it in all of it's itchy glory, surrounded by it's minions:


Sigh.

I sincerely hope that I will be able to stop writing about this affliction very soon. And I hope that, with the eventual healing that will overtake our young ones, sleep will return to Liam and consequently to us. Because we are suffering over here. Oh, sweet sleep, I yearn for you so. The gracious gifts of you, dark holder of dreams, are oh, so missed...return, I beg of you! Come back to us!

Ahem.

Caleb is doing better today; no new marks, and that awful spot on his leg seems much better. In fact, since the ones on his eyeball seem to be healing very well, I think we'll cancel his doctor's appointment today.

Now, I have something wonderful to tell you: my girl Kelly and I are going forward with our business. We have, thanks to her amazing family, an office to work out of. Now to build a client base! We're going to put ads out and make ourselves some business cards. First, though, to name our business. Ideas, anyone?

I'm still reeling from this. It will start out very slowly; we'll do sessions on demand, and hopefully by the time Kel is done with maternity leave, we'll have grown to the point that I'll be able to at least go part-time at my current government job. I feel like I've been handed everything I've ever wanted...and don't quite know what to do with it!

We'll be doing Reiki, and my own version of energy work (which I have yet to solidify a name for), giving classes and workshops, and I'll do readings and medium work as demanded, though we most likely won't advertise that. So, if you're in the Ottawa area and want to check us out, let me know.

I know I sound very calm about all of this but, honestly, I'm freaking out in the most wonderful way inside! I'm just trying to stay grounded and realistic about all of this. I mean, it's not realistic to picture having our own clinic in a year, right? But that's what my manic brain jumps to. So, I'm trying very hard not to set myself up for disappointment, here. The downside of that is that I may not be thinking big enough. Thank God I'm not doing this myself. Thank God for you, Kelly! I love you, girl! This is going to be amazing, no matter what.

And now for news that is insurmountably bigger and more wonderful than even that. My dear Grammy Elaine's doctor has reported that her lymph nodes tested free of cancer. Since the surgery, I've been walking around in a bit of a focused daze, sending all the energy and positivity her way that I could muster. And, dear friends, when I asked for prayers and thoughts and energy, you came through. Thank you for your support. When I read the note from my Aunt last night about the cancer-free nodes, I quietly started crying. The gratitude is overwhelming! Yet again, this amazing soul has shown her strength.

With that happy news, I shall leave you to your Friday. Have a wonderful day!

And come get an energy session!

Woo!

14 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

(((Liam))) I guess it's better to get it over with in one awful, scratchy shot, but I can't even imagine how tired you are. Good grief, when everyone is red-dot free, please promise me you'll go get a massage or something. :)

WOW! Your own business! That's very cool. Good luck with everything!

And I'm SO HAPPY about your Grandmother. Fabulous news.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bouncy bouncy* WOW....HUGE...I AM so GLAD your grandmother is ok...that is amazing! What a blessing. *hugz*

TREE, I too am freaking OUT about the possibility NO the REALITY of this business. THIS IS AMAZING. We are both so blessed. I am oh-so-glad to have someone like you in my life to share this with.

I am fast forwarding into the future too. LOL. I saw us hiring people on and teaching and attuning them. I saw a big shop. I SAW JOY! :) hehe.

LOVE YOU GIRL. Kels

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh jeez...hes still freaken adorable though!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love liam!!! i hope he doesn't get as bad as caleb!!! BOY OH BOY!!
i wanna be in on your business..i'm bored and need something to do lol lemme in dammit :)
well good luck with the pox..i'm glad i got gagey vaccinated ;)
jenna

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh-so much good news! Except for poor Liam, and poor you guys missing out on all that sleep! But your grandmother, and your new business, oh, wonderful wonderful wonderful. So happy for you and Kelly and Grammy Elaine.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the kids are well soon, probably is best they have it all at once if they have to have it.

And congrats on the business!!! VERY EXCITING!! You'll do great.

And of course I'm so glad to hear that your Grandmother is doing well, what wonderful news!!

I hope you can savor your blessings in your sleep deprived state!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Jill

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tree
I am yet another transplant from Breed em and Weep. I am so very intrigued by your gift. Can't wait to learn more.

I really got it when you talked about feeling freaked out as you pursue this dream - even though everything you ever wanted is being handed to you. I'm in the same place to a large degree. My anxiety makes me feel like such an ingrate after all that has been placed at my feet. So what do we do about that? Hope for more faith? Demand solid answers? Maybe just get more sleep. :)

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Ali said...

poor thing.
:(

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, those poor boys!!! I had a killer, month-long case of CP at the age of 9. I feel for Caleb - I still have scars on my eyes from that shit.

Which is why I got the vaccine for my girls. It's controversial I know but so far, so good! TL actually caught CP after the vaccine in kindergarten but she had about 8 sores and it was all over in a week.

Congrats on the business. That kicks ass! I'd be a customer if I lived closer.

Hope you all feel better soon. I am amazed at how positive you can be with all the stuff going on with you. You're amazing!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Lynanne said...

Gosh, you've certainly had your share of ups and downs lately! :( I hope your little guys get well soon!!!! They have had more than their fair share of illnesses this year - its just not fair!

How exciting that your a step closer to doing something that you woudl really love! Good luck!

And I was so glad to hear your grammy's nodes came back clear. I hope she continues to enjoy many, many more years of good health!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

That is FANTASTIC concerning your Grammy!

And totally EXCITING about starting your business! Just no cheesy name, k? Something heartfelt yet serious, because you know the impact it has on people's lives...both good and bad.

Your poor babies! Just curious, did they get pox shots? I know more and more parents don't. I also know that even with the shot, there's the chance of getting them.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Tree said...

You guys rock.
The boys are looking a bit better and are cleared to return to school and daycare tomorrow!
A couple of people have asked if they were vaccinated. Nope. Caleb was exposed to the pox just after Aidan was born. He got a couple of suspicious spots (which, in hindsight, must have been bug bits), and Aidan did, too. In fact, he still has a scar on his face from the worst one. So the doc (and we) assumed that they'd had the pox. No vax for them. Liam was due to get his vaccinations (including chicken pox) TOMORROW. Ah, well. Good intentions, huh?
Actually, it's kind of good that we had to delay his shots...it's his first birthday tomorrow.
:)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh, well...once they get them, they can't get them again, right? I still have a lovely pox scar on my cheek.

How've they been with the itching/scratching?

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

Awww, poor baby.
He looks like he feels better in his birthday pictures. I hope he is better and had a great birthday, pox and all.
I love your blog, by the way. Great writing and pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home