Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, June 30, 2006

We're Back

We made it back, but before I can write anything remotely intelligent I must get some sleep. Things are good. Liam is on his third round of antibiotics in less than two months, though - he woke up with a 104.6 degree fever yesterday. That's the highest I've seen, folks, and I didn't like it. So needless to say, we skipped daycare and took him to the very expensive doctor. Ear infection again. Still. Again. Who knows? And he's teething. So he screams a lot. All the way home a lot.

This morning, though? We had breakfast at one of the resort restaurants and the Friendly Pirate was there, singing and entertaining boisterously and loudly and charmingly. He worked his way around to our table and started to sing:

The Friendly Pirate had a ship
Yo ho ho ho ho!
And on that ship, he had a...

Caleb was chosen to fill in the blank with a sea creature. He did parrot, then seahorse, then cat (which the Friendly Pirate deftly transformed to catfish), and then...and then got that familiar gleam in his eye. When it was time to fill in the blank again, Caleb loudly said: poop!

POOP.

He said poop.

I said "CALEB!" and reflexively covered my face.

Our dear Friendly Pirate actually looked blank for a moment. Only for a moment. Such the professional that he is, he quickly smiled and sang, "POOP DECK! And they swabbed the poop deck here and they swabbed the poop deck there..."

I like the Friendly Pirate.

There must have been at least twenty kids and their families in that place, but when we left, the Friendly Pirate bellowed, "BYE, CALEB!"

"How'd he know my name?" Caleb wondered.

I bet that dude will never, ever forget my eldest son's name!

Never fear, more to come! I missed a Ghost Story Tuesday! Oh! Bad me!

I have so much to tell you, and so many pictures to show you! I have to write Aidan's birthday post! And wait 'til you see the pictures I got of the haunted mill. And the deaf hoola-hoop player! Are you not excited?

Well, now I'm going to watch a movie.

Kisses!

Not surprisingly, Caleb enjoyed the fart display at the ECHO museum, which we visited on one of the rainy days. He is seen here utilizing his instincts and creating shockingly disturbing fart noises, attracting the attention of all present.

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures, especially the haunted mill.

I gather Caleb thought the museum was quite artsy-fartsy :>)

Your little guy may have to have the tubes put in later - Jenn had same problem with Hattie Belle.

Happy Canada Day!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

true about the acidophilous.

and how hysterical is your child with the poop?!
LMAO

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tubes REALLY help. Annelise had constant ear infections from the time she was about 9 months until we got tubes put in at about 18 months. She also had her adenoids removed at the same time. She has not had one in the two years since then.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAHAHA caleb hahahahhahahhahha

jenna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home