Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good Grief This Blog Is Boring

I'm still in my events-which-I-will-not-write-about-(yet)-induced funk.

So allow me to share a humorous little story with you so you can stop jabbing that pen in your eye with the overwhelming boredom and whatnot.

This morning after feeding Liam, he climbed down off the bed as he always does and proceeded to crawl off toward the bathroom. His usual routine is to stand at the bathtub and push all the shampoo bottles in to bounce of the bottom and make a joyfully loud sound. The wonder of it all! The glee! So I was a little curious as to why I wasn't hearing these familiar sounds as I pulled on a pair of boxers. As I walked toward the bathroom, I heard another sound.

Splash, splash, splash. SPLASH! splashsplashsplashsplash...etc.

Oh dear.

I was rather disconcerted when I entered the bathroom and found my baby son hanging over the toilet, his hand fully submerged to the wrist, waving his arm back and forth with great force. The smile on his face made me smile too, despite the horrors of it all.

Then I saw that the water was not just water. It was water and pee and toilet paper.

Still, Liam seemed rather unconcerned that he was playing in pee. He objected loudly as I whisked him over to the sink, but his smile returned when he discovered that water was fun to play with in the sink, too!

And there was no pee in the sink.

So I was okay with it, too.

6 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Tree, you're never boring. I hope things are well with you. I'll send positive thoughts for sure and I'll see what I can do about positive energy!

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh! Yikes! Pee on hands and being splished around the bathroom!

You've made me simultaneously snort out loud at work and cringe inwardly!! (And brought a halt to the pen jabbing, which can only be a good thing)

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I literally laughed out loud! At work. Thanks Tree.

You know I never had to use the child lock on the toilet but I have put a child proof door knob cover on the bathroom door. You may want to find thoes to prevent pee play again.

Love ya and thanks for sharing.

You and your family are such a joy!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Hey there, why don't you ask Jenn to send a year's supply of Purell your way?!

At least he wasn't taking a drink!

Hugs and thinking of you, E

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, the fact that you can smile at YOUR BABY'S HAND WRAPPED IN TOILET SEAWEED is very, very good. Sending much love and warmth your way, and as much psychic Purell as you need, baby.

xoxoxo,
and then some.

P.S. Who do we talk to about getting someone to make an "I'M NOT GOING TO BLOGHER '06" html button for the blogs of unfortunates like us? I feel like we should have our own, if forlorn, button to identify us.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, sadly, this has happened to me too... but they say pee is sterile, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home