Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tonight I Shall Have Fun

So. Jim and I have agreed that I need to start being more selfish. This is something that's come out of our most recent (and ogoing) crisis. One of the things.
So tonight I'm leaving my darling family and I'm going to the movies with a friend. Doesn't sound like much, maybe, but do you know how long it's been since I've asked a friend to do anything? YEARS, people.
I'm excited! I am going to look pretty (or give it my best go, anyway!)! I'm going to eat poutine! We're going to watch "Lady in The Water" by M. Night Shamalanalmalamylamylamylamlan.
I'm going to have fun.
Oh man, this is so much work. I hope all this fun-having and selfishness gets easier with practice...

9 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Oh, Tree, you don't know what I'd give for a poutine right abut now. Or anytime!I hope you had fun! Yay!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger The Mater said...

Er, what's a "poutine"?! A young chicken that pouts?

I hope you wore the right t-shirt: "If momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy."

Enjoy, enjoy :>)

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that movie!!! I really enjoyed it too.

That was my mommy induldgence (sp--sorry bad speller here and no spell check).

Love to you and it will never be easy but you'll be better for your time by yourself/friends/away from the kiddos

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read what poutine is--um if you're excited about it that's great.

just sounds a little gross to me.

But hey--I'm living in the south and we eat chitlins (well not all of us but I like them)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Liv said...

Was that a good movie? I like all of what he has done but I have heard that his last couple of films weren't very good. However, I can only watch scary movies during the day time.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger The Mater said...

Hey Sam, not fair! You didn't reveal what "poutine" is, only that it sounds "gross"! I'm too busy to Google it so please, somebody, tell me what Tree is hankering for :>)

And I love grits but don't live in Dixie. Grits with butter and maple syrup ... hmm ... do they go with poutine?!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know "poutine". Hope you had fun, Tree!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does get easier. I swear. Keep at it, and if you feel like you're being self-indulgent, you're probably doing exactly what you need to be doing!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb, what is a chitlin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home