Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, February 26, 2007

Changes Are Afoot

When life gets so busy that things seem to run together (and the lines of things blur and fade so that it's hard to keep everything separate and straight), little things stand out.

Are illuminated.

Like the friend who suggests we take my kids mini golfing. For fun. Because she thinks it would be fun. Then, she plans it...
Like the baby running so quickly toward me when I returned from a couple of days away that he fell flat on his face, but he was so excited to see me that he didn't care; just got up and ran the rest of the way, laughing when I scooped him up into my arms...
Like the look on my dear friend's face when I told her I was worried she was compromising herself...
Like the touch of the most beautiful hands in the world...
Like the surprise of tears that come during a silly argument...
Like the laughter of your child...
Like the happy surprise of an email from a childhood friend...
Like those little glimpses of hope that things will be okay...
Like how it feels to be hugged by someone who will never stop loving you...

When I try to go through my days, these things stand out...other things are blurry. But these things are the things that matter.

I'm thinking it'll be a bit quieter here for a while. It's not what it's supposed to be for me anymore...I'm not free to write everything I need or want to write. Maybe someday I will be. But right now, I can't, and I'm sure my cryptic posts aren't very satisfying for you...though they're at least something for me.

I haven't figured it out yet.

I won't go away completely. I can't stop writing! And I know people check for pictures often (hi, Mom!)...so...I'll just have to figure out what to do. I may leave this blog for pictures and updates on the boys, and start a new one somewhere else where I can write freely.

I love you.

I'll keep you updated.

8 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Eve said...

I understand - I go through these peaks and valleys of blogging too..

I'll keep checking in on you and your darlings, even if only for pictures.

xo
Eve

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Don't worry about your dear friend Tree...she is strong, and knows when to let certain things go in life.
She will always have you. : )

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Ann Marie said...

ACK!!! I will miss reading your writing.. but will keep looking for updates and pics of the boys

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

You're too good to be forgotten, or to stop writing. I totally understand, but don't be gone for too long, okay?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Mater said...

I wish I could wave a magic wand over you and Jenn and let peace descend.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

Go gently.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about Jim?

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Tree said...

To anon...huh?

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger FoOliSh said...

Cool i m going to read it out
http://crazyfoolish.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home