Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, December 12, 2005

Ok Now We're Excited

How was your weekend? Ours was nice; we finally got our tree and the kids had a great time decorating it:

We can be found drooling over the presents quite often. And Santa hasn't even come yet! Now that the tree is up I think the Christmas spirit is alive and well in our house...we're all smiling and there's an air of excitement that's nearly palpable. We usually go home to Nova Scotia for the holidays, but this year we'll be home. Three young kids are challenging to travel with in any case, and the thought of driving 18 hours in a van stuffed to the knees in presents was daunting. So, we were glad to go home in October for Thanksgiving instead.

While we were decorating last night, we decided to leave the garland off the tree after much discussion with Caleb, who really wanted it on. This morning, he and Aidan examined the tree and exclaimed over its beauty, and Caleb remarked that it probably would have been too full if we'd put the garlic on. This had Jim and I laughing, especially because no matter how much we corrected him, Caleb repeatedly said that we'd left the garlic off. I'm glad we did.

My sister Jen and brother-in-law Ryan came for a visit yesterday, bringing with them my delicious little nephew, Gage.

Isn't he edible?

While the boys disappeared into the basement to play games with the kids, Jen and I practiced Christmas music on our flutes. Amazingly, it was the first time that we'd ever played together. It was cool that she bounces along with the rhythm as I do. We BOTH look like dorks! We were laughing at each other so much we could barely play. I think we may be able to play one song together by Christmas, though, and with more practice, we'll be playing all sorts of stuff. I've ordered a wooden Irish Celtic flute, and anxiously await its arrival.

I think that's all for now; Caleb is home today and tomorrow again because of a strike, so I'll have to think of some interesting projects to do with him. We'll be making cookies this afternoon, if Liam lets us (separation anxiety, remember?). He beckons now, so off I go!


ps: Check out Caleb's wacky hair. Hmmmm, maybe that's something to do while he's home...

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Geez... I hope the vampires stay away from your tree, but without the garlic, you may be in trouble. We like to sprinkle a little marinara sauce and parmesan cheese on our tree. We're just traditional that way. ;)
How many gorgeous boys can one HAVE in their family?! So sweet!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Eve,
Yeah, we're a bit concerned about the vampires too. We may just add the garlic yet. Geez, with some pasta our two trees together would make a lovely, flavorful sauce.
:)
Lisa,
I lived in PEI between the ages of 2 and 6, and some of my family is still there, so we make it back every few years. I love PEI even though it's become very "touristy" since they built the bridge.
I play guitar too, although not bass. I was surprised how fast I remembered how to play flute. It feels great to be playing again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home