Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, December 09, 2005

Sticky Situation

Liam is suddenly very sticky.
Remember that post I wrote? The one where I gushed and bragged that Liam was putting himself to sleep? Separation anxiety has ripped that pretty gift from me with merciless brutality.
With the onset of said separation anxiety, Liam seems to have had an invisible, yet powerful type of human adhesive slathered all over him. He desires only to be in my arms. The adhesive, a velcro-like substance when in contact with myself, acts as a repellant to any sort of device in which a baby can be placed, such as an exersaucer, an activity mat, a swing, or a high chiar. When placed in any of these devices, my child instantly begins flailing wildly and yelling in obvious distress. The only cure? Me. Oh, and if he does happen to be distracted enough for me to walk away for a minute to say, make a sandwich or pull out my hair, his eyeballs remain glued upon my person. If I walk out of veiwing range, immediate screaming follows.

I am tired.

In other news, he tried his first finger food today. Baby Mum-Mums are good; they're little rice wafers that melt in the baby's mouth. I'm not sure if he enjoyed them, but he was curious and was a good sport about it all:

Though he seemed to like his bee better:


All of that said, Liam is in especially good sorts when I am around (as long as I am within touching distance). All I have to do is look at him and he jumps and squirms at the thought of being touched or picked up. He loves being tickled lately, and all I have to do is take a deep breath and say AAAAAHHHH and he starts to laugh in anticipation of my fingers scrabbling over his belly or armpit:



There's no way a person can deny that face.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tree said...

True, there is something about being needed. But why can't he need Jim sometimes?!?
:)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Aaawwwwwwww! I love that sticky baby phase... tiring as it is. (Yes, it's easy to look back fondly when you're getting plenty of sleep, huh?)
He's so adorable!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MUST HAVE LIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home