Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, March 13, 2006

Liam Writes A Post

Hi everybody!

This is very exciting...Mom finally gave me the reins and I get to really let you all know what's going on around here. I have so many things to tell you.

Guess what I can do? I can move forward! For the longest time, I could only move backwards, see. I would see something that looked like it would be wonderful to chew, and I'd concentrate really hard on getting it...and slide further and further away from it. Mom can vouch for me when I say that I've been very frustrated, but who can blame me? Sometimes I slide right under the couch and then someone has to rescue me! So I've been screaming a lot. It seems to get my point across, and while I can write very well, I can't seems to be able to form the words with my mouth yet. Hey, I'm working on it. I have lots to do, here, people!

Anyway, as I was saying, I found a great way to move forward! I use my arms (which, incidentally, come complete with fascinating, delicious, and very useful things called hands (ooooh I love hands!)) to pull myself forward! Wriggling my legs helps. Right now I'm working on getting up on my hands and knees and moving around. I'm still only able to go backwards that way, but the position does give me a bit of a height advantage and I'm able to get to this magical thing called honey, don't put your fingers in there! Sometimes they also call it a VCR. Either way, it's fun. There are buttons! And lights! And if you push the right button, things happen! Like something might pop out of that hole that I like to put my fingers in. Or suddenly a new show is on...the TV. People, don't even get me started on the TV. Let me just say this: I love it.

So Mom says I'm 9 months old now. That meant that I had to go get a needle today but guess what? Guess what happened? Well the power was out at the doctor's office! That means that they couldn't open the vaccination fridge...and that means...NO NEEDLE FOR ME! Mom says I'm getting it Friday, but who knows when that is. All I care about is that I don't have to get it today. I know it's supposed to be "for my own good" (bah!) but those things hurt. They HURT! So I'm in a rather good mood.

Something cool happened at the doctor's office, though. I was biting Mommy's thumb (it's nearly as good as mine!) and Mommy said I have a tooth coming in! She got all excited and I did, too! I have been wondering what that hard thing is. Apparently, Caleb and Aidan (I love my brothers so much they are so fun and cool and they play with me!) didn't get their teeth 'til way later. Ha! I may not crawl like they did, but man, I can sure grow teeth good!

Things are pretty good around here. Mommy went and got some medication and she says she'll start feeling better soon. That makes me happy. Mommy is a good Mommy, and I want her to feel happy. Like me!

We had fun on the weekend. I love when everybody is home! Caleb and Aidan like to make me laugh and they act so funny. I can't wait 'til I can act just like them, though Mom says she hopes maybe I'll be a bit calmer. Whatever. I want to be just like my brothers! Sometimes I make my brothers laugh, too. Sometimes Mom and Dad do silly things with me and everyone laughs. I'm not really sure why. They spent a lot of time trying to balance a little bath toy on my head the other night and take a picture at just the right time. They were laughing and acting like it was the funniest thing. I just don't get it. Mom said it looked like I had a tiny hat on. Here's a picture:

I don't know. I think they've lost it. They took this one a couple minutes later, and by then I'd had just about enough.

I mean, I'm a good sport and all, but I'm not laundry! Mom thought I was cute. She says that a lot, you know. I can tell she loves me a really, really lot. Sometimes, when she's holding me, she squeezes me tight and whispers to me. I don't know what she's saying but I know it's something about love because I can feel it. I just close my eyes and let it sink in. It feels so nice to be held that way. I wish I could be in Mommy's arms all the time, it feels just so nice. She's so warm and I like the way she smells, too. And she feeds me! Mommy says someday I won't want to be in her arms or Daddy's arms all the time...that someday I'll want to run around and play and get dirty and I won't even want to come inside! Can you believe that? Well, me either. Maybe someday, Mom, but not now! You can hold me as much as you want right now.

Hmm. I'm getting that drowsy feeling. I get it a lot but I don't quite know what to do with it. My eyes get all heavy and my thinking starts to get foggy. I don't really understand it, so sometimes I get mad and yell a lot. Mom says I need to sleep...that I'm tired. I'll tell you something, though, I don't really like to do that sleeping thing. Not at all. BORING! But Mom says I'm doing better. I'm in such a big bed now, called a crib! And I can roll around and stuff. Mom pats my head and I get my soother. But I still cry when I go in my crib. I just don't know what to do with that drowsy feeling.

Well this was fun. Maybe I'll come back and write some more sometime! But right now, there's a boobie calling my name!

Love,

Liam

10 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Liam:

You have inherited your mommy's knack for writing...good for you. I can tell you have a wonderful mommy and I am sure she will be feeling better soon. You are very lucky to have each other; you are a very precious little boy. I know the sleeping thing is BORING and kind of hard to figure out. Hang in there; one day it will all make sense to you. Have a good day! Diane

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Liam

Hey! I used to move around like you - just pulling with my arms and kicking off with one leg. I got pretty fast at it in the end.

Mummy says to tell your Mommy that she's happy your Mommy is going to feel happy really really soon.

Oh, and that thing they call a VCR? If you pull the black box inside it out, and then manage to break the flap on the black box, then there's this really cool brown tape in there. And you can pull it, and pull it, and pull it, and pull and pull and pull.......

Love Alex
x

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Hey, thanks Diane!
Alex, thanks for the tip. Mommy says to tell your Mommy thanks for letting you give me the tip, but she's using that sarcastic voice she gets sometimes so I don't know if she really means it. Anyway, off to find one of those black box things! Hmmmm does that brown tape taste good? Don't answer, I'll just give it a try.
Love, Liam

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Your Mommy is definitely a good mommy. Tell her to keep taking that medicine. Congratulations on moving forward!

Please write again soon.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger moxiemomma said...

go little dude, go!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lynanne said...

Wow, wow! Two milestones! What a sweet, sweet little guy. Poor Ella wishes you lived closer so you could demonstrate that scooting thing for her. All in time I guess.

Babyproofing...all over again...what fun!

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIAM IS FREAKEN ADORABLE lolololol oh man the 'lil hat' hahahahhaa
that's the great thing about babies..u can put silly things on their heads and they jus don't get it..orrrr they do it themselves, like one time when jeff was over and gage was still pretty small, he was eating *or trying to eat* a cookie and he got excited and flew his arms about, well the cookie landed right on his head and stuck there coz it was all slimey..i never laughed so hard in all my life hahahhahahaa
jen

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Hi again, Liam,

If you have escaped from the laundry basket, please tell your mommy you'd like to look at OddMix's latest post and help me with some positive reinforcement for my Sunshine.

Thanks,

John

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Liam, have you ever considered a career in stand up comedy? I laughed so hard through this my eyes watered.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liam, I'm seven months old and trying to get the hang of that crawling thing too. It's really hard and makes me get that feeling where my eyes are tired and it's hard to think. My mommy says I'm tired then too and I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

My mommy hasn't put me in a laundry basket yet, but she has tried to get a good picture of me and my brother together. I don't get why it's so important to her. I like my brother a lot, but I don't really like it when he pays more attention to that silver thing that mommy is looking through than he does to me.

Maybe we can 'play' sometime!

Trevor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home