Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, December 16, 2005

Wish You Were Here

There's a bit of snow outside. Just a dusting, really. Confetti from the heavens.

Hmmm. As you can see, it is still falling.


Light and frozen,

White and pure

Snow-covered ground shall live no more

Sleep 'neath your blanket

Heavy, still,

Regenerate, regain your will

In spring, awake! Reach t'ward the sun

Renew your life,

Your slumber done

Until then, dream in icy soil,

While up above, we freeze and toil

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Hi Lisa!
Ok let's switch; I'll live where you do and you can live where I do!
I've had enough snow to last me a lifetime...!
Oh, yay! My goofy picture is finally showing up (for some reason it wasn't for a while). I tried taking nice pictures where I'm semi-presentable, but my criticism of myself made me give up and I finally took Jim's advice and posted the stupid-looking one!
Yeah, that's my tummy. What you can't see is the intricate roadmap of stretchmarks all over it.
:)
Tree
ps: Everyone still puke-free at your house today?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Pretty poem!
It's snowing here too, but there's still a tiny bit of greenish grass peeking through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home