Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Please Be Gentle

Oh God.
Ok here are a few songs. Songs which I am playing. On Siobhan (thanks Shevon!)! Uh, that's my flute.
Before you listen, know this: I screwed up. I screwed up lots. Some little baubles and one big huge note which does NOT belong. But you know what? I recorded and re-recorded until my throat was dry and my neck was killing me! So this, this is as good as it's going to get tonight, I'm afraid. Also remember that I have only been playing since November (and hadn't played for about 15 years before that).
But I love it. Playing makes me happy. If listening makes you happy, I'd love to hear it. But if listening makes you snicker or laugh or make fun, I would not so much love to hear it. See, it may take some of my happiness away.
And that would suck.
(If listening makes you fart or burp or have some other unexpected reaction, I would indeed like to hear! How cool would that be? If I had the power, through tootling my flute, to make people pass gas spontaneously? I would be some sort of wacky superhero. I would dress in tights and go to banks and if I suspected that someone was going to rob the place, I would play my flute and everyone would start dropping bombs (figuratively speaking!) or floating air biscuits or letting 'er rip and the bank robbers would be all, "We can't rob the bank now! We are passing gas uncontrollably!" and I would be famous and stuff.)
Ok! Here you go (they'll take a minute to load):

The Gentle Maiden
O As I Was Kissed Yestreen
Fayne Would I Wed

Enjoy!

10 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We all just listened and think you sound great!!

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that was so cool, you were live in my study!! What does it matter if you screwed up - sounds very much like you are feeling better?! I did not snicker or laugh or make fun. But I didn't get windy either so sadly can't make you famous....!! Jo x

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Ooops, I farted and I have to pee! Of course the former could be yesterday's pizza and the latter could be the large caffeinated beverage I drank. Hmmm, or not - you might be in business!

The music, on the other hand was very nice. You are quite tallented. I think the quicker, brighter tunes are your forte. I particularly liked "Oh, As I was Kissed..."

Keep it up!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

That was awesome! Bella stopped playing to listen. That means you must be magical!

Please record and post anytime :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger sc@vp said...

You might be the BRAVEST person I know! OMGSH - GOOD FOR YOU!!

And now you're making me kind of regret selling my flute in University ...

hmmm ...

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Tree said...

Thank you. :)
odd mix, you got me giggling. Oh, and that's my favorite song, too. Took for freaking ever to get it to sound ok, though.
Haha jennboree, glad I could entertain Bella! Liam loves when I play now, but he used to scream when I first started, LOL! Guess I've improved.
s, now we need to hear you singing...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Wow.

AWESOME.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Tree- that was so lovely! You sounded beautiful!
After one listen of "Maiden", my sinuses completely cleared up, my pores shrunk to half their size, my split ends disappeared, and the babies started doing a highland fling type dance.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Shannon in PDX said...

i'm always gassy so i don't think you're playing had any negative effect in that area =)
that was soooo coooool! i used to play eons ago as well and now you've inspired me....i'm sick of playing somewhere over the rainbow, i can handle the pace of those tunes! where did you get the music, oh fluted one?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Thanks, mama-tulip. :) And Eve, you got me giggling, as usual.
just me for now, anything by Jessica Walsh rocks. I have her Celtic book (Maiden and Kissed are fromt that one and honestly, it's the best book I have) and her Medievil one (Fayne's from that one - lots of slower stuff in that one). And both come with cds, so you can listen to how you're SUPPOSED to sound, hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home