Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ungh

2:00am - Jim informs me that he has been puking. He continues to do so until 10:30am
2:30am - Liam awakes with a barking cough. Croup.
2:00am - 6:00am - I spend these hours feeding Liam, sitting in the bathroom with the shower running as hot as possible to clear him up, and listening to him struggle to sleep. I have not slept since 2:30am.
7:00am - Caleb throws up, and is still doing so at 3:00pm.
Me? I feel horrid. Like I will throw up very soon. I am trying to hold off until Jim's a bit better. Thank God for Jeff, who has taken care of Aidan and Liam all day (I am there as much as possible, of course, and am still breastfeeding).
Can anyone answer this? My whole body feels like it's been steamrolled. I am shaking, and haven't been able to eat yet today. I've had two cups of water and some sips of Gatorade. Can my milk supply hold up? Has anyone felt like this and NOT puked?

Lastly, today is Jim's birthday.

Have you ever wished you could crawl in a hole and stay there until things are better?

10 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor, poor, poor you. Have just emailed you. Massive (non-squeezy in case you puke) hugs from here.

Jo
x

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, Tree....I'm SO SO SO sorry. Big, big (((hugs))) to all of you.

Happy Birthday, Jim.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Lynanne said...

Ugh!!! I hope everyone gets healthy soon!

Your milk supply will survive a bout with the flu. It may decline a bit but it will bounce back when both you and babe are feeling better. There is some evidence that hormones released during breastfeeding might help boost your immune system (and of course it helps protect baby as well).

Take care!!!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

You poor things. Hope everyone gets better soon. Nothing worse than pukey days. Take care, Meow

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my pooooooor sister and her familly....this reminds me off mine n ryans barfin flu we had..remember i had to call jeff over to help with gage and i MADE him wear a mask?? LOL
it was impossible for me or ryan to take care of the baby...thank god jeff was there...i mean we were imobalized...couldn't do anything but barf..
maybe you should just let yourself barf..i know that is hard but maybe that's just what your body needs to do to start to feel better.....oy....i say good luck to you and hope jeff remains well!!!!!
jenna

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger kris said...

Your milk supply will be fine. Just try to keep hydrated, if you can. Gatorade, while quite gross, works wonders. Drink all you can.

Feel better soon, All of you!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah sweetie i am so sorry your whole family is ill...i hope you all start to feel better soon.

wish jim a happy birthday...bob's is monday:) we should celebrate later on:) love ya ciao kels

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just keep drinking water, gatorade - your milk supply will be okay. Hope you guys all feel better - a sick house totally SUCKS.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Happy Barfday..er, Bithday, Jim!

Oh Tree, I wish I was closer and could lend you a hand this week!
I've breastfed through the flu before too- our bodies seem to find hidden reserves to give to the babies or something.
Love and chicken soup to all of you poor little lambs! :(

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

I believe I lost the last 15 lbs of my last pregnancy baby-weight by being sick while nursing.

Small comfort, I'm sure. (Especially seeing as you mentioned something earlier about weighing less than 124lb?! NO FAIR!)

Um. yes. What I mean to say is, I truly do hope you're all well soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home