Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, February 16, 2006

This Is Me, Soliciting Advice

Dear Internet,

So!

Jim has missed embarrassing amounts of work and I am fending for myself today, despite still feeling like I may expire soon. I'm a little worried about how to get through the day, so I thought I'd ask all of you what you do during these times. Here's the dealio:

-I just started eating small amounts yesterday, but am still quite nauseous.
-I am still very weak; I blacked out yesterday after carrying Liam upstairs (we were in the bedroom and I was able to put him down safely).
-Liam is quite a hands-on, needy little one. He will watch a Baby Einstein video, but only if I'm sitting next to him, talking to him about it. He doesn't want to be on the floor; he wants to be in my arms. And when he's in my arms, he wants to be bounced, or tickled, or to engage in some other type of one-on-one interaction.
-I am tired. Liam's been awake most of the last two nights. We figure he's not feeling well either.
-There is no family nearby who can help out.

So, oh wise internet, I beseech thee - how do you deal with this type of situation? How do you get through?

I'm thinking it's taking me extra time to recover because of various simultaneous afflictions (ie: the infections, the bronchitis, the breastfeeding...). But I'm about ready to be done with feeling like crap, ya dig?

Incidentally, I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day full of chocolate and sex and kisses and shiny red hearts and cake and not feeling like crap!

Love,

Tree

ps: In light of the fact that I am quite tedious when ill, and also due to the fact that my blog has taken on a rather monotonous tone lately, I offer you the following picture in hopes that you will remember that we over here at Crazy-ass family can also be adorable:

Observe the blue eyes and the questioning look. Regard the care which is taken during the attempted consumption of the key toy. Couldn't you just eat him up?

Well you can't! He's mine.

Ahem.

I mean, isn't he cute, though?

12 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Good grief, girl. I wish we lived in the same province so I could come over and help you out a bit. I'm so sorry that you've just been blasted with Sick.

I feel for you; I really don't have anyone who can drop everything and come to my rescue, either. The thing that I found most worrisome about your post is the fact that you blacked out yesterday...in which case I'd try to keep everything you need for the kiddos close at hand so you don't have to go upstairs or carry any number of children around for any longer than you absolutely have to.

Hang in there...and I REALLY hope you're feeling better soon.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is, and I could!

I would also swoop in and help if I wasn't on the wrong side of the ocean....

Eat boiled rice. It's great when you feel like poo. And definitely try not to move around too much. (ha ha)

And above all remember you have MANY friends in Blogland all thinking about you!!

Jo

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Tree said...

Thank you...you are just the sweetest. I think I'll be ok...I have done what you said and stockpiled extra diapers and clothes here on the main floor so I don't have to go up and down the stairs.
Bah.
Anyway, thank you again. You ARE sweet!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tree said...

Hehe thanks, Jo. Yeah, I'll have to do that boiled rice thing. I will order my loving husband to make me some when he gets home!
:)
All of this whishing we were closer together has made me wistful. Wouldn't it be nice? We could all sit and have tea. Or just watch Oprah. Or maybe just lounge on the couch while our kids wreaked havoc.
;)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Well, you have already gotten much the same advice I was going to give you. My kids are all grown and our granddaughter doesn't live here any longer either. But 'back in the day' I would just ensconce myself on the living room sofa and hold court there.

Oh, and I had a neighbor who swore by baked potato as food to get you through times of sickness. Water - don't forget water (or ice chips) to flush out your system. You don't want to get dehydrated or you'll be much worse.

You'll snap out of it soon, I'm sure. One morning you'll wake up and be amazed that you feel almost normal again.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now THAT would be cool!

Tea, Oprah (or Richard & Judy if we were here) and the cake I bought by accident the other day.

And kids who would be SO excited by having new people to play with that they wouldn't need us to entertain them one little bit...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

You sure you aren't pregnant as well? Hmmmmm? Just throwing that out there!

Sorry you are still so bummed out. How's the rest of your family? On the healing path?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Jennborree, be kind! Don't scare the girl! Besides, if she is, she'll do fine - my middle two are one year apart to the day.

My wife was sick at home with the kids for months! Mostly she followed the advice of confine them with you and keep what you need on hand. Depend on Jim to do the things that have to be done that require much moving around. It won't be easy on either of you, and your house will not be up to your normal standards. But you will get through it and the more you rest the faster it will happen.

Feel better soon. Be strong, Jim!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger kris said...

sorry you're still feeling like butt-butt.

Sorry I don't have any good advice. Just stay hydrated, if you can. Try to drink some gatorade, or vitamin water, if you can. It should help keep your milk up, too.

Get better soon.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Um, NO. I am not pregnant. Not even a little. That, you see, would be...pretty much impossible. All the sickness, you know? The illness and the sickness and whatnot? And the not wanting to be in my own skin? Much less having someone else in my own...well, you get the picture.
So, not pregnant.
Hahaha that would be really bad.
Thank you all for the good advice. Seriously, if you lived closer I'd make you some banana bread!
Feeling a little better tonight, if not more tired!
Thank you again.
:)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Okay, guess i'm just on my own in the nausea due to baby-in-the-belly. OH WELL.

OOOH! Vitamin Water is SO GOOD! I do recommend that. Not nearly as sweet as Gatorade, Powerade or Kool-Aid.

Glad you are feeling better as well as your boys!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Shannon in PDX said...

duct tape. fixes everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home