Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted...

Vacation.
It can hardly be called that when we're not going anywhere or doing anything. And Jim's at work 'til the weekend so I get the two youngest to try to keep occupied. Vacation...ha! Don't get me wrong - it is nice to be able to spend some time with Aidan and Liam. Such lovely little boys they are! But I must say it's far from relaxing. Is it awful that I miss work? I can't believe I'm saying that...just four months ago I was crying over having to go back. But it's an important part of my life, and I like doing something I feel proud of. Not to mention the much-needed paycheque. Them student loans ain't gonna pay themselves!
Today, we'll go visit my sister and her little guy, Gage. Haven't seen her in a while and it'll break up the day nicely.
Guess what I'm doing tonight? Don't laugh. I'm going to my first singing lesson! Hey! You're laughing!
I've always wanted lessons and a friend of mine let me tag along to hers the other night. It was all the inspiration I needed to sign up. I'm actually excited to be doing more for myself lately; it's long overdue. And it's getting easier. Too easy, in fact. People, it's FUN doing things for yourself! It's freeing! Empowering, even! Who knew?
I guess I should do laundry or something.
Bah. Vacation! What-EVER!

Oh! First, let me entertain you with a conversation Aidan and I had yesterday:

Me: Well, I have to go to the bathroom; I'll just be gone a minute.
Aidan: Do you have to go poop?
Me: Why, yes, actually!
Aidan: Oh! You'd better hurry up, Mom!
Me: Why, dear?
Aidan: Well, we don't want to poop in our pants, do we?

Still giggling over that one!

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pooped in my pants

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that kid is cute.

And you are cute because you write things like 'paycheque' instead of 'paycheck.'

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger sc@vp said...

oh OH! good for you!

Singing is GOOD for the soul!!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I was just thinking about voice lessons today actually! That is something I have always wanted to do!

Very funny conversation with your son! So grown up to let you know the consequences of not hurrying to the restroom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home