Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, December 30, 2005

Crazy Days

Despite the quiet here on my blog, life in our house is pretty busy right now. The boys are home, so we spend a lot of the day trying to keep them busy. A daunting task. Oh! And today I just happened to glance at Caleb's school calendar, and much to our surprise, he has ALL OF NEXT WEEK off too.
Wow.
Ok so it's confession time. We did something bad. Very, very bad. But simultaneously very, very fun:

Yes, that is a new, rather large TV. Do you see the crazed look in my husband's eyes? All of his dreams have finally come true. I still can't believe we got it. And the stereo. It was all on sale! $800 off! We've wanted one for so long and couldn't resist. But now our future shop cards are hurting. Lots. But we don't have to pay for a year!
Notice how defensive I have gotten? Growing up in poverty can do that to a person. You learn to do without and be ok with it. Somehow, though, now that I've gotten to a point where I can afford to have a little fun, I feel guilty about it! What's up with that?
Bah!
In other, less interesting news, I've dyed my hair. It's dark brown and rather boring, but at least all that orangey crap is gone now.
Holy cow I am all hungry and stuff and therefore my brain has shut down several centers imperative to writing well. Therefore I will go start supper.
Have I said "Bah!" yet?

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lauri said...

LMAO at your husband's expression-"Oooooooooooo...TV...large TV..."

They are all just a combination of little boys and cavemen when it comes to big TV's! lol!

Enjoy it! You deserve it!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Eve said...

My husband gets that exact same look of lusty delirious glee when he ogles home theatre equipment of any kind. Oh, to be looked at like that! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home