Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I've Been Reading

Lately I've been letting my anxiety get to me. I have anxiety and panic disorder, which is a fancy way to say that I'm a bit freaked out about things all the time. No big deal; I think everyone in my family has it. But sometimes it gets the best of me. The past month or so, full of typical winter blahs and viruses, has taken it's toll. I worry all the time. About what? About the kids being sick. About me being sick. About dying. About never feeling the sun on my face again. About throwing up (major one for me), or having a fever, or not being able to take care of my baby. I worry a lot. It honestly takes up way too much of my time and sanity. And YES, I know it's ridiculous. But it's not something I have control over.
Then, I read this family's story, and my heart just hurts for them. My problems aren't problems; they're obsessions. I am so, so very blessed in my life. Maybe you can go visit and read Annika's story, too. They could use some kind words and thoughts this Christmas season.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed Theresa, sometimes we just worry about silly things, when there are people out there who are really going through serious circumstances in their lives. But in a way it's a good reminder to us to be thankful for what is good in our lives, and not let ourselves worry so much about the rest.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, that is quite the story that that family is dealing with...poor girl.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Eve said...

For a while, I found myself addicted to Caringbridge sites, (for children who are very sick/dying) and would obsessively read them every day. I couldn't stop- I was getting so depressed.

I finally had to quit cold turkey. But it did give me some perspective, and made me love my family a little bit better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home