Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Update...You Were Right!

My sincere thanks to all of you who commented or sent encouraging words my way after my last post. I was honestly thinking what you were all thinking; that my boy is fine and no helmet would be necessary. The doc was wonderful (I LOVE CHEO!) and pronounced him quite well. She said his case is very mild and he doesn't need treatment besides some exercises to help him continue to even out up there, ha ha! I was surprised, but it has a lot to do with the way he likes to turn his head; he has a teensy bit of tightening on one side of his neck. She said that if we encourage him to turn to the right a lot more, it will help. Jim says it will be easy; he'll just hold Liam and I'll sit to the right of them. It's true - the kid likes to keep an eye on me (if not his whole self!).
So, armed with educational brochures and a new sense of confidence, I am determined to not worry. Me! Not worry! What next, I ask you?
In keeping with the head-turning-to-the-right theme, here's Liam watching a video right now:
Rather effective, hmmm? See? TV can be good!
Now I will commence to embarrass myself. Have you ever felt like nobody understood you? Have you ever been the only female in a house of five boys? Been surrounded by Japanese anime and soundtrack music and violent cartoons? Felt like your opinion not only meant zero, but was unheard to boot? Feel as though nobody around you gets you? Yes, we all feel these things sometimes. I feel them often, but mostly deal with it in stride. I'm generally a positive person! I can take a bit of loneliness! But I miss my friends back home. (Note to self: perhaps the whole phone phobia thing has something to do with having nobody to talk to? Just a thought...) I miss having someone to relate to. Anyway, I shall get to my point. Today, during a discussion with my brother and husband (who, incidentally, shares all of those interests which incessantly eat away at my soul), it just became a bit too much. We were in the car. I yelled at my brother (rare) and then got out of the car at the first stop sign (even more rare, considering my sloth-like laziness). Jim awaited my arrival at home, and tried to make things better, being the great guy that he is, and in a spectacular display of immaturity, I would not hear his words. I went upstairs, threw myself on the bed, and bawled like a four year-old (although considerably more quietly). Poor Jim came up and again tried to figure out why I seemed to have gone a bit mental, and I blubbered about being misunderstood and lonely and whatnot.
I feel better now. A bit pathetic and embarrassed, and perhaps a bit fragile (the tears seem to be at the ready, lodged uncomfortably beneath my eyes, and can spring forth without notice), but better.
Jeff hasn't come up from the basement all night.
Oh! The guilt. I hate it. It is unnecessary.
BLAH!
I need a bubble bath.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh, a good bawling/yelling/swearing is necessary at times for our over all sanity.

Women are just misunderstood in general. *sigh* WHEN is that guide going to be published??

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

ummm ... i think after going through the sick-baby roller coaster ride you're allowed a little lee-way with the emotions ...

and, hey! who needs friends when you have blogs ...

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Eve said...

tree- Sister, I have BEEN there. I hope your mood swings back fast. We're always here to listen to you here in Blogsville as well.
xo

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi darling:)

I am so glad that Liam is ok! I was sure he would be. Your boy is so gorgeous.

I am sorry about the crying session, but as Jenna said a girl needs it once in awhile to maintain a resemblance of sanity.

I think a girls night in is what is needed! I feel it toooooo, need girl time ;)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Lauri said...

Aw, Tree! Hope you feel better today, but yeah, we all need that at some time. And I bet that after the doctor's appointment with some good news, all that worry and stress had to come out, and you finally felt safe enough to let it go. I hope it helped and you are doing better today but, if not, go cry some more! Then go toss your camera! lol! It's a lot of fun to see what comes out!

And so happy to hear the good news about Liam! When Ethan was a baby, the doctor thought his little soft spots (fontanelles???) were closing to fast and we were going to have to have surgery to cut his skull open to relieve the pressure on his brain! Talk about scary! Of course, it all worked out. But anything having to do with their heads or brains or hearts or lungs just scares the bejeezus out of me...and you were probably more worried than you even knew. So, yeah...just keep yourself or some videos to the right of him, and if that doesn't work, dangle some M&M's or something! lol!

And I'll be your friend and you don't even have to call me...we can just blog and email!

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw lil liam will be just fine see! his head really doesn't look bad...and i think you'd only notice it now if you pointed it out first :)
tree are you feeling any better? you need another female around..hey i'm a female!! YEA! i'm trying to convince ryan to knock me up with a GIRL so we can have a bit more femininity around here sheesh..but with our luck i'd have another boy!!! YOIKES!
call me if you ever feel like talkin woman!!!!!!!!!!!!
jenna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home