Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Monday, February 20, 2006

Ghost-Story Tuesday

I've always been able to see energy. In fact, I was sure everyone else could, too. I remember, as a baby, knowing how my Mom was feeling because I could see her colors. I didn't understand when others couldn't tell that someone was scared, or sick, or tired. I remember one time when I was in Primary school, I was out in the schoolyard with friends. One of the little girls was sitting on the steps in front of the door, and I could see that her tummy was upset. It looked like a roiling, bubbling mass of brownish-green. "Look," I said to my friend. She didn't understand. "Look at her stomach." My friend looked at me like I was crazy.
I remember getting a surreal feeling...like my whole world was turning on it's end. "She's sick...can't you see?" I looked at the little girl and saw the green mass contract and roll. "Uh oh!" I said.
That little girl puked her macaroni all over the sidewalk in front of the steps. And my friend got very quiet.
I started to pay attention to how others acted around each other. I cleverly slipped little comments into conversations with my parents and sister about what I saw. And I figured out that nobody else saw. Can you imagine how that felt? At five years old, I didn't understand why I was different, but I knew that I was. And I became scared. To this day, I believe that that is when I started having anxiety attacks. I would tell Mom each morning that my stomach hurt...and I was so panicked, that it truly did! I felt like people would know I was strange, so I didn't want to go to school.
Over the years I learned not to see. Sadly, I've never been able to see as well and as freely as I could as a little girl. But now, I've learned to use my gift, and unlike talking to the dead, this is a gift that I am thankful for, and that I love to use. It's not something so hard to "prove" as being able to...uh...see dead people, for instance!
I love that I can "turn it off" now so I don't have to know when someone's sick (I also feel how they feel when I connect to their energy - not always pleasant!) or tired or...whatever! But when I want to, I can see how someone is feeling, both emotionally and mentally. I can place my hands above their skin and feel injuries - old, new, or future. I can work in energy to balance it, and best of all, I can find that connection with people that is so easy to forget in my busy life.
It's especially fun when I'm bored. I remember traveling to work on the bus several years ago and figuring people out just by studying their energy. Or sitting in a long meeting and sizing up whoever was talking.
It's also handy when someone is hurting. On the way to Maine this past summer, Jim's wrist cramped from driving so much. He asked me to massage it, and I did, but also used my energy to help him feel better. He knew instantly. It's so instant, that result, and so tangible. Some people feel it as heat, others feel it as a tingling sensation. I did energy work on a friend last year who fell asleep in no time, it relaxed him so fully. Others are completely energized.
You don't have to see energy to be able to sense it, or manipulate it. In fact, we all use energy every day. Think about the last time you were trying to convince someone to see something your way. There's that feeling of reaching out, of trying to connect. It's the same when we're "feeling out" a person and trying to figure someone out. And what about that feeling you get when you look into the eyes of someone you love? That feeling that takes hold of your soul...and you know they feel it, too? We so naturally use energy all the time. I've seen some couple's energies flow together like it was one.
So, everyone always wants to know their colors. The thing is, colors change. Everyone has lots of colors, so I just tell the dominant ones. And colors mean different things to different people. To me, if I see a lot of blue or purple in your energy, you are a mellow person, for example. Flow tells me as much as color...if you have a smooth flow of energy, you're much healthier than someone whose flow is choppy or stagnant. I often see red around sore muscles, and darker colors around areas that are sick or infected. Inflammation is red or orange, and something that is healing is bright green, usually.
Energy is fun. It flows in and out of us constantly. And the coolest thing is that is limitless...we can't even fathom what it can do. I love discovering more and more about it. Quantum physics is fascinating to me because of all the mind-blowing things we're discovering about existence and structure and...oh, I could go on forever, but instead, I'll give you some fun exercises to do!

1) Before you go to sleep at night is a great time to open yourself up. Try to connect to the energy of someone you love who lives a distance away from you (someone you don't see often but know very well. Family is best). First, relax your body and mind until you feel very calm. Then, think about your person. Think about the last time you saw them, and about how they make you feel. Now reach out to that person as if you are about to talk to them, or like you're trying to get their attention. The easiest thing to do now is to figure out how that person is feeling. What are they doing? Where are they? What are they wearing? This works especially well if you can get your person to reach out to you at the same time.

2) You've probably seen this before, but it's effective. Do this with a friend or family member. Sit comfortably beside your partner and relax. One of you holds your hands palm up and the other should place their hands, palms down, about an inch away from the other's hands. The palms-up person should focus on moving his/her energy up into their partner's hands, and the partner should focus on taking in the energy of the other. This is fun because each person should feel different effects. If both partners focus on pushing their energy out, you should feel heat and/or pressure and be able to move your hands further and further apart, but still feel connected.

Working with energy is therapeutic for me, so if anyone has questions or requests for remote sessions/readings, let me know!

ps: My girl Kelly's written a great post about ghosties and energy...go see! Kelly, by the way, is one of those rare souls who totally gets me, and supports me 110%. I love you, Kels!

pps: What should I write about next week? Do you want a ghost story? More details on something I've already written about? Got any requests? I aim to please!

ppps: I am so conflicted about writing this...but is there anyone out there who had a small, dark-colored dog as a kid that was either named tutu or wore a tutu?

Ok enough post-scripts already! Have a good day, all.

25 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger DeafMomWorld said...

Hey, very fascinating explanation. Would you call yourself more of clairvoyant or physic? Not sure of the difference.

Are you able to see colors/auras in photographs or must that be in person?

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger moxiemomma said...

this is very cool, but all i'm sayin' is i'm glad that dog wasn't mine!! :)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Tree said...

ras (can I call you ras?), I can tell some things from pictures but not nearly as much as I can from just connecting to a person (in person or remotely). I can soetimes see an aura in pictures but don't see colors often...more of just a glow. Not sure why; I know some people can.
haha moxie you made me laugh.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Homework!!

I'm not surprised this freaked you out as a little girl - what a huge burden to have. It's good you've learned how to deal with it though and it's made you a fascinating person - Ghost-Story Tuesday is addictively great whatever way it turns out.

(By the way, have you heard of EFT? My reflexologist taught me the basics and it's a fab way of dealing with the anxiety...)

Jo

PS. No dog! I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet Tuesday! You really are entirely too much fun to read. I will happily read anything you want to throw our way on Tuesdays. I love it all.

Last night at around 3am I thumped on my sleeping husband until he grunted, and asked him, Um, is it just me, or do you see that swirling glowing green mist that seems to be changing shapes? He maintains that it is just my myopic eyes playing tricks on me in the dark.

Do you, uh, know anything about swirling glowing green mist? I am kind of hoping you do and kind of hoping you don't.

I am going to sleep with my glasses on tonight and keep my little dog Tutu on the foot of our bed.

Okay, kidding about Tutu.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Tree said...

jo, the only thing I think of when I see EFT is electronic funds transfer. And while I'm sure that some transferrence of funds (as long as it was coming my way!) would be a great anxiety reliever, I don't think that's what you mean! :) What is it?
jenn, I swear you are SO open. Yeah, sorry to say it, but mist? Especially mist INSIDE? Usually means you have a spirit. Unless you left your dry ice lying around again.
:)
Let me know if you want me to help you figure out what you've got going on there.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger moxiemomma said...

hee! dry ice!

do you see anything around my baby's chubby butt??

seriously.

i don't see auras or anything, but i can size people up instantly and sometimes have dreams that predict future events. scares the beejesus out of the hubs whenever i have a dream.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Tree said...

moxie, anyone who know me and knows what I do can attest to this: I don't look at baby's auras much (I don't look at my family, either). I can't explain exactly why, but baby's auras are different. Sacred. And really, really hard to read! I can connect to them and get a sense of their personality, but never look for illness or future events or anything. Just doesn't feel right. That said, I can't always control what I see. Baby or not, things tend to jump out at me, especially if something's not right. That, my dear, is not happening with your little one!
Your being able to size people up makes me think that you have a gift for connecting to people and to energy (especially considering you have dreams, too). Like I said, you don't have to see energy to work with it (most don't!). You should check out a Therapeutic Touch class; bet you'd be amazing at it.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! No such money coming your way... EFT = Emotional Freedom Techniques - sounds a little weirdy beardy hippyish written down but is basically tapping on your energy points - the same points used in acupuncture, but a kind of DIY version. It works! Honestly...

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love "Ghost Story Tuesday" and look forward to it each week. Growing up and even now I have always wondered what it would be like to have the gifts you posses. I can only imagine how scary it would be, but really interesting and cool too. BTW - What do you need to do a remote reading?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Energy has always been interesting to me. I think my husband has a talent with energy, of sorts. He can pinpoint spots of pain and can work out the "energy" to make it go away through massage. I've always thought he had healing hands. Could that be similar in theory?

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Hehe. I'll have to check that out, jo. Maybe there's some stuff on the 'net? I'll search.
Lisa, all I need to do a remote read is to be able to connect to you. I already can connect to you, so that's no problem. But your location and full name would help...email me darlin'.
jennboree, yeah that's the same thing. Your man is working with energy. COOLNESS!

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have no talent whatsoever for that kind of thing. It would come in awfully handy though!

I'm enjoying ghost story Tuesdays very much, thanks for being so open about this stuff.

No dog named Tutu, thank goodness, because I would be freaked right the hell out right about now.

Oh, and even I know a swirly green mist is SPOOKY AS HELL. Eeek.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

My uncle can talk the fire out of a burn. I wonder if he has any other abilities I don't know about.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger DeafMomWorld said...

I love ghost stories, even I had a few run in with ghosts myself. I think you'll find this strange.

When I was younger, probably in 10th grade, My dad lives in a really old house out in the country in South Dakota. That house was probably built in the early 1990's.

Anyhoo... I was sleeping one night and i woke up to see this tall black fiqure standing next to my bed! I wasn't freaked out, I was more tired than scared. I spoke to him "who are you, what are you doing there?"

A side note: I don't know if he responded because I'm deaf and I can't hear anything.

After speaking to him, he balled up into this big black swirling mass and flew over my head as I was laying there. I immediately got on my stomach and looked on the floor and I saw two cats playing on the floor.

It happened again few nights later but this time - no cats. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen and I still carry this with me - wondering...

Another situation, i was at my friends grandma's house and back then it was all cliquey. They sent me upstairs to sleep in the dead grandma's room. I woke up in the middle of night to see another black figure walking towards the closet and to disappear.

oy vey! what's the heck with those black fiqures.
Anyways, that's my ghost story.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

CYprofileE

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Eve said...

This is just all SO interesting!!! I love hearing about this almost as much as I love having the pants scared off of me by the ghost stories! And I sleep better at night!
I used to think I was a fairly intuitive person, but compared to you, I am a clueless, insensitive boob! ;)
Wow.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Mrs. Why said...

I love your blog, and especially love Tuesday. I vote for more ghost stories next week, I love them. I have a nine-week-old little girl and an almost four-year-old boy and reading about your connection to the other side and that you believe you go through the journey with the same group of spirits/souls gives me comfort when I stress about something happening to a member of my family (or myself). It makes me feel better about all the unknowns in life.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting read! I like reading and learning about things like that (energy,auras,etc). I think I will add you to my blogroll too!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Not only do I like reading GST...I feel like I learn something, too. :)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Tree said...

ras, very interesting! And deliciously spooky, too! The fact that you see a similar figure each time makes me think it's the same dude hanging out with you. NOT something to be worried about, but maybe something to be explored, if you're ever interested.
lisa, sorry if I sound not too bright, but HUH?
eve, you're not a boob. Hehehe. You said boob.
Hi Mrs. Why! Thanks for the visit, and for the comment.
Thanks for the link, dawn. I like your blog, too!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger DeafMomWorld said...

Grin!

How would I explore to find out who's this mystery man in my life? Any suggestions?

:) Angela (Ras)

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I am delurking to ask this but the Tutu thing made me think about it. Do you ever see/sense energy with animals? So curious about this. Love your posts - esp. the ghost stories.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger rina said...

wow. I love it!

I wish I had that dog. No, just a cat named JoJo.

I would love to get a reading from you. Is that possible? I got some issues!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks for the engry story! I loved it!

Um...and didn't everyone, as a child, dress her grandmother's dog in a tutu?

Never mind, LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home