Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Sunday, February 19, 2006

I Love House, But...Oh! And My Ass Is Gone

House, M.D. is our new favorite show. We love it so much that we rented the first season and watched it within a couple of weeks. So, when the show got something wrong I was irked. Irked because...well, aren't they supposed to research this stuff? And because I love the show! I love Hugh Laurie! He can't be wrong!
It happened in the episode where House sees a woman in the clinic who appears to be pregnant. After performing tests, they discover she is not pregnant, but has a large benign tumor. The woman refuses to have the tumor removed because she loves her womanly shape and is afraid her husband won't want her anymore if she is smaller. To make a long story short, House discovers she's having sex with other men and that some of her five children aren't his and bribes her into having the surgery. The basis of his accusations? She and her husband have brown eyes, and some of her children have blue eyes...and that's impossible.
But, Hugh! It is possible! In fact, it's the opposite that is true: two light-blue eyed parents cannot have a dark-eyed child.
I shall demonstrate:
Me:

Jim:

Caleb:

Aidan:

Liam:


See, Hugh? See? I forgive you though. And I forgive you for dropping acid and soliciting the services of a call-girl, too. Because you have some serious issues. Oh, and you entertain me.

Our weekend has been pretty nice. It's been the first weekend in several weeks that we've all felt good enough to venture into the out-of-doors. Jim took a picture of me before we went to Ottawa:

I figured I'd better record it because this is the skinniest I've been since I was, like, 12, and it probably won't stick. He also took a picture from the side because I was complaining that my ass sort of disappeared along with the weight:


See? I was right! Look at the excess material! Just hanging there! With no filling! So I made him take this one:


Ah, there it is. Phew! You don't think it would be weird to walk around like that, do you?

15 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

It is possible! My friend's kids all have brown eyes except for her son, who has eyes just like Liam's. Strikingly blue and NOT brown.

And look at you. Whitt-woo!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I wish I had a no-ass problem. I've got ass to spare.

btw -- I'm a blue-eyed daughter of two brown-eyed parents.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well check you out!

Maybe you could get Jim to wheel you round in that pose on a skateboard?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

And now I'm going to have to KILL YOU. You look AMAZING.

Is it possible for you to give me that virus you had? Perhaps I can get rid of my ass by puking for a few days? Pretty sure I'm going to need longer than a few days ... sigh.

You are welcome to about 4 sizes of my ass any time you wish.

C&I both have green-ish hazel eyes and both of our kids have crystal-clear blue eyes. Silly House.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Could your ass please take my ass with it on vacation next time?

Ugh, I've got enough ass for BOTH of us!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Holy HOT MAMA, Tree! You have the ass of a childless 18 year old! And beautiful eyes too. And a gorgeous, sweet family.
Gaddamn, you've got it all. Work it baby!
Curious- do you and Jim have any blue eyed parents? And what colour are the mailman's eyes? ;)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Hehe. Thanks, mama_tulip. Hope the hubby's feeling better over there!
Margaret, it's good to have some junk in the trunk!
jo, you made me laugh as usual.
hey, s! You're not s any more. That's cool. Oh, and trust me, it's better to have ass and no virus. The virus? Sucked.
mom2, aren't you expecting? I think our asses are supposed to expand exponentially when we're pregnant. :) That is what I choose to believe! (I vote for Mitchell Thomas, by the way).
Eve, I love you. Feel free to write comments just like that anytime you please. Oh, and yeah, both Jim's Mom and my Mom have blue eyes, and all four of our collective siblings have eyes of blue.
Mailman. You silly! The mailman doesn't even come to the house; he stops at the boxes at the end of the street. But the milkman, his eyes are...oops!
;)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, you look amazing. Take care, Meow

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tree, you look great! And happy too. Feeling better I hope:) LOVE YOU kels.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Paris says you look HOT.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger moxiemomma said...

see? now, i was really, really liking you and you had to go and post those no ass pics! my ass must've eaten yours as a snack. damn.

oh, and hubs brown. me dark hazel. boy blue. girl dark hazel.

i love me some House too. he's on tonight if i'm remembering correctly.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Lena said...

a)Can your children be more squishy and adorable?

b)House rocks so hard. We Tivo every single episode. I love that he's so wrong yet so right. Don't you?

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur as skinny as me but you look better coz you got boobs..i think u look damn hot but wow that IS skinny woman. i lovvvved the eye pictures that's amazing..the blue eyed last pic , you don't expect that lol
jen

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Virenda said...

Girl you are soo SKINNY. Can I hate you?! LOL and yes you can walk around like that although you may find you trip and fall more.

LOVE HOUSE and yes it's not always right but it's fun. I actually remember that episode but didn't put two and two together.

:0)

Can I just say your whole family have wonderful eyes.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Tree said...

You guys are totally making me blush (seriously, I am sitting here blushing. I blush easily. I hate it).
I'm so glad to find some fellow House fans! Did you see it last night? He changed his hair, methinks. That show is so wrong in so many ways that its right.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home