Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?

So, the day is over and I am one tired biotch. BUT...it was ok. We survived!
Can I say thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your advice and support? Yeah? OK!
THANK YOU.
You guys rock.
I was even able to play monster with the boys tonight which is always fun. I love scaring the crap out of them. I contort my body and lumber slowly after them while they squeal and run as fast as they can. Occasionally they'll come too close and get tickled as I make ugly, monster noises. Then I freeze and they slowly inch their way toward me, giggling and trembling. I don't move a muscle...then, when they're starting to feel ok, like I'm not scary, I JUMP and growl menacingly.
They love it. And you know what? It takes surprisingly little energy. So, it's a win-win all around.
Everyone is doing better now. You'd never know Caleb, Aidan and Jim were sick. Liam is still stuffy and having a hard time sleeping, and of course you know I'm still recovering. But things are (knock wood) looking up.
Here are a few pics from tonight:

I'll leave you with an inspiring conversation with my brother, who stayed home from school today because...you guessed it...he's sick.

Jeff: Did you know Leslie Neilson is from Regina?
Me: Vagina?
Jeff: REgina.
Me: Vagina?
Jeff: Ugh.
Me: You know the cat's licking your leg, right?
Jeff: It's ok. I do it to her all the time.

Just so's you know, my brother brings out the unsavory in me. It's HIS fault!

Well, I'm off to bed to try and sleep with the sound of freezing rain pelting against the windows. Night night.

8 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

OMG! We play "monster" here too...although Julia calls it "Be an armadillo, Mummy." LOL.

Glad to hear you guys are starting to perk up!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I bet Leslie Nielson is from vagina as well as from Regina.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

How cool is that ... playing Monster. What a lot of fun !! Glad to hear that you are all mended, and on the mend. Hope you have a great weekend, Meow

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Lauri said...

Tree-glad you feel up to playing monster, at least.

As far as "what I do" (from the other post) I just lay around and do absolutely nothing. Just get lots of rest and take small sips of whatever when you can. Maybe eat some crackers.

Hope y'all are doing better really soon!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

In regards to previous post: isn't that what Treehouse is for? No?
Oh.

So glad you're feeling better - even if only marginally.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased to report I too am a random internet person, who popped over from LittleAussiePom on a Saturday night after a bottle of white wine, when her husgand has gone to bed. Love the blog. Will keep popping over. Kay chunkymonkey.blogs.com

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh, just had to mention, it is not 6:30 pm here, before I sound like a complete drunkard..it is 11:30 pm. Kay xxxx

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brothers. They have a LOT to answer for.

And don't believe Kay. She IS a drunkard. But I love her anyway.

Glad to see things are looking up in the crazy-ass family!

Jo
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home