Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Poem

First, it's de-lurking week! So, it's time to say hi and let me know you're out there. It's way too quiet around here.

Ok. A Poem. Try to guess what it's about.

Fatigue, like a drug, intoxicates me
Leadening my eyelids and dulling my senses
Making heavy my limbs. I am listless
Thoughts become cohesive slowly
And then I am inspired:
Would it be so bad,
In my state of listlessness
And exhaustion-induced slow-wittedness
To daydream
About
Sleep?

The young one, he does not like to sleep. Have I mentioned that before? I, on the other hand, love to sleep. I miss my dear friend, sleep, with every fibre of my being and every slow-firing synapse in my brain.

Oh! I got my cloth diapers in the mail yesterday! Ok not MY cloth diapers; things are still ok with me in that region...LIAM'S cloth diapers. Impressions so far: THESE THINGS ROCK. I'll post about them soon, promise.

Now de-lurk! You can do it!

9 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi T,
I am de-lurking. I absolutely love your blog and I visit it every day. I too miss sleep. For the past week I haven't been able to fall asleep before 4am. I can't seem to shut off my brain and my thoughts just consume me. It sucks when I have a 9am class. Anyway, keep blogging away lady. Your stories put a smile on my face.
Love, JO

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I forgot...
this blog is very very funny
www.dadgonemad.com
Cheers, JO

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hello...

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking! Hi!
You are one brave woman for braving the cloth. I just can't get my act enough together to do it, I am an enemy of the environment. It's true.
They do make 'em cute these days though, which is almost enough to switch me. But not quite.
:)
Happy delurking week. Enjoy your (I mean the little guy's) new diapers.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger sc@vp said...

And now I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED.
A poet? AND cloth diapers?!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lauri said...

Cloth diapers??? Are you freakin' crazy??? Oh yeah! You're the Queen of the Crazies! rofl!

Oh, and, did you send me an email with the name Aiden's Mommy? I opened it, and you are the only mom of a kid named Aiden that I know of, but I wanted to make sure it was you before I went any farther.

Lauri

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hi!

Lovely place you've got here!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Ali said...

me. delurking.
i comment. but not enough :)

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, I too officially de-lurk. You make me weep with laughter and sometimes snort out loud. What achievement ... come and say hello sometime!

Jo
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home