Crazy-ass family

You just can't make this stuff up

Friday, January 06, 2006

Random Bits and Pictures

This is going to be a bit all over the place because I am tired and sick and my brain, it is not working well. You are hereby forewarned.

Today Caleb and I were playing peekaboo with Liam. I had my face about 6 inches away from Liam's, and I was looking surprised to make him laugh. You know, eyebrows raised, mouth agape. Liam smiled, then sneezed. You know how babies purse their lips when they sneeze? So all sorts of spit flies everywhere? And remember I mentioned that Liam's got a cold? So he has an overabundance of...uh...fluids? In the nose region?
And remember my face? 6 inches from his? Mouth? AGAPE?
Yes so that was unpleasant. Caleb, however, giggled riotously and got quite a kick out of the whole incident.

Liam, incidentally, is changing. I know he's not supposed to be a tiny baby forever (I know but I am sort of in denial, I think) but wow things are happening fast over here. Yesterday, he pulled his knees up underneath his little self, and I realized that Aidan was crawling when he was this age, and Caleb was only weeks behind. Liam's personality is really showing through...he very loudly lets us know what he wants. He charms us. He figures things out. Oh, and this is what he does when we put him in the swing now:


You're right, it doesn't look so bad. But let me orient the picture the RIGHT way:
The child is trying to escape, you see.

Oh, by the way, if you have a 6 month-old, or a similarly-aged child, this is the funnestest toy like, ever:

In other news, I am trying to figure out how to make to make my blog all pretty. It's not working yet, as you can see. I am a smidge frustrated. Jim has promised to help me when he gets home. Click on Jim if you'd like to see some drawings I've done recently.

Ok. Liam is bouncing around and reaching for me. I must go. But I will leave you with this:

He likes to try and eat the camera.

Wow, that really was all over the place. I warned you though!

I miss napping...

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I am loving all of the baby cuteness! He is definitely planning to escape that swing soon!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Tree said...

Thanks, Lisa!
Eve, I'm thinking I'm going to replace the swing with one of those jumper thingies. It's pretty useless to us now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home